Bit of news!

Moderators: bill, Clive

GeorgeNTravels

Bit of news!

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Figured I would post this news as it has some relevance to GLA but isn't really big news.

I was able to get my travel website affiliated with Balkan Holidays meaning I can promote their holidays from GLA.

Furthermore, I have applied for further marketing opportunities with Transavia, Emirates and TUI, hopefully hear back soon but don't want to get too excited over them.

Hopefully this can be the beginning of more opportunities for me as time progresses.
Allen McL

Re: Bit of news!

Post by Allen McL »

Excuse my ignorance, are you a formal travel agency or student or keen enthusiast ? Link to your website ?
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Allen McL wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:17 pm Excuse my ignorance, are you a formal travel agency or student or keen enthusiast ? Link to your website ?
No worries, I'm a student studying Business focusing on marketing as well as a keen enthusiast as well,

Link: https://georgentravels.com/
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:34 pm
Allen McL wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:17 pm Excuse my ignorance, are you a formal travel agency or student or keen enthusiast ? Link to your website ?
No worries, I'm a student studying Business focusing on marketing as well as a keen enthusiast as well,

Thanks, your input is appreciated.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

I used to do that years ago with a website that gave all the airline and route news from GLA and tried to promote the direct international flights that GLA had over domestic connections. My thing was always “use it or lose it”, “Fly GLA Direct” and “Heathrow? Just Say No”.

I had all of the relevant affiliate relationships. In those days commissions were much higher than they are now. I must say Expedia was my most prolific. KLM was pretty steady. The likes of Thomson Holidays, Airtours and Thomas Cook were quite a rare sale but when it happened it could be huge.

Used to love it when my computer made a Kerching noise every time a sale went through. Eagerly checking, it could have been £1.50 coming in or it could be over £100 while I’m sitting eating my dinner. One year I made £9k in total which I worked out paid for all my family of 4’s household supermarket shopping for a year - so not bad for a hobby that benefitted GLA.

This was long before social media and of course everything has changed since then. You can get easyJet Holidays and Jet2 and Jet2 Holidays which are good for selling from GLA. You could set up a Twitter account with daily deals from GLA.

If I were to give any advice it would be that you’ll need hundreds of engaged readers within the target market to make much money out of it nowadays.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Clive wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:51 pm

I used to do that years ago with a website that gave all the airline and route news from GLA and tried to promote the direct international flights that GLA had over domestic connections. My thing was always “use it or lose it”, “Fly GLA Direct” and “Heathrow? Just Say No”.

I had all of the relevant affiliate relationships. In those days commissions were much higher than they are now. I must say Expedia was my most prolific. KLM was pretty steady. The likes of Thomson Holidays, Airtours and Thomas Cook were quite a rare sale but when it happened it could be huge.

Used to love it when my computer made a Kerching noise every time a sale went through. Eagerly checking, it could have been £1.50 coming in or it could be over £100 while I’m sitting eating my dinner. One year I made £9k in total which I worked out paid for all my family of 4’s household supermarket shopping for a year - so not bad for a hobby that benefitted GLA.

This was long before social media and of course everything has changed since then. You can get easyJet Holidays and Jet2 and Jet2 Holidays which are good for selling from GLA. You could set up a Twitter account with daily deals from GLA.

If I were to give any advice it would be that you’ll need hundreds of engaged readers within the target market to make much money out of it nowadays.
Thanks for the feedback Clive.

Absolutely love the idea of being able to make money promoting GLA to people, and I definitely agree with the "use it or lose it" theory.

Not sure if i'll get much from Balkan Holidays but they definitely have the potential to land some pretty big sales. I also look at it as an opportunity to increase brand awareness for some of the lesser known airlines.

Hopefully I hear back from TUI soon as they are a airline that could be great to work with going forward.

I'll update the thread with any more updates I get.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:28 pm Figured I would post this news as it has some relevance to GLA but isn't really big news.

I was able to get my travel website affiliated with Balkan Holidays meaning I can promote their holidays from GLA.

Furthermore, I have applied for further marketing opportunities with Transavia, Emirates and TUI, hopefully hear back soon but don't want to get too excited over them.

Hopefully this can be the beginning of more opportunities for me as time progresses.
Update: glad to say Transavia have accepted the request and I can now promote them as well.