I'm off to Edinburgh...

Moderators: bill, Clive

bill

I'm off to Edinburgh...

Post by bill »

Thursday 15th September for a music gig. RMT have called a strike on this day so can I get a bus from Buchanan Street to Edinburgh city centre? I know there's a bus that goes to EDI airport.
Thanks in advance.
GeorgeNTravels

Re: I'm off to Edinburgh...

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

bill wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:07 pm Thursday 15th September for a music gig. RMT have called a strike on this day so can I get a bus from Buchanan Street to Edinburgh city centre? I know there's a bus that goes to EDI airport.
Thanks in advance.
Hi bill, there is a bus directly to the city centre that should run every 15 minutes bookable with Megabus with fares from £3.90. On previous RMT strike dates ScotRail have been able to run a limited service including trains from Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley via Falkirk High every 30 minutes from 7am until 6.30pm
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

bill wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:07 pm Thursday 15th September for a music gig. RMT have called a strike on this day so can I get a bus from Buchanan Street to Edinburgh city centre? I know there's a bus that goes to EDI airport.
Thanks in advance.
Fit gig like?
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:48 pm
Thanks in advance.
Hi bill, there is a bus directly to the city centre that should run every 15 minutes bookable with Megabus with fares from £3.90. On previous RMT strike dates ScotRail have been able to run a limited service including trains from Queen Street to Edinburgh Waverley via Falkirk High every 30 minutes from 7am until 6.30pm
Thanks for the info George.
bill

Post by bill »

Clive wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:41 pm
Thanks in advance.
Fit gig like?
Toy Dolls mate. Think this is their 45th year anniversary. :shock: Was vaguely aware of them back in the eighties but never took much notice. During lockdown etc... was looking for something newish to get into. These guys won. Speed being the key to their playing and it's a challenge playing their stuff on bass as I need to use a pick and I hate playing with picks. Bloody good at it now though. ;)
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

bill wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:51 pm
Clive wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:41 pm
Thanks in advance.
Fit gig like?
Toy Dolls mate. Think this is their 45th year anniversary. :shock: Was vaguely aware of them back in the eighties but never took much notice. During lockdown etc... was looking for something newish to get into. These guys won. Speed being the key to their playing and it's a challenge playing their stuff on bass as I need to use a pick and I hate playing with picks. Bloody good at it now though. ;)
Wow, that’ll be a punk fest. Enjoy. I’m in Paisley Saturday for Emily Capell which will be a mod fest.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.