Interests beyond aviation

Moderators: bill, Clive

FlyGLA

Interests beyond aviation

Post by FlyGLA »

Appologies if this has been done already but I did a search which yielded no results. Anyway, just a bit of fun and hopefully a way to find out a little more about each other. I thought it would be interesting to share what some of our interests and hobbies are away from aviation. Who knows, maybe we share much more in common than just an interest in aviation and GLA. :)

I'll start fairly basic. If the sun is out you'll likely find me pottering about in the garden. Gardening has become a bit of a labor of love over the last few years. Unfortunately we don't get as much sunshine as any of us would like so with that in mind one goal I'm working towards is buying a house on the Mediterranean within the next couple of years. I'm a big football and golf fan too. The English Premier League is my go-to watch (although maybe I'll end up tuning into the Saudi league this year :lol:) and hoping to get to the Open at Troon next summer too.
bill

Re: Interests beyond aviation

Post by bill »

Much the same FlyGLA. Can while away hours stoating about in the garden if you're not careful, on the rare occasion we get a sunny day of course.
Into football, music and playing bass.Can't stand TV. I will ban it when I'm president. :lol:
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Photography for me, especially music photography where I’m involved with a number of bands. Anyone who’s interested could follow my socials @CBMusicPhotography or browse my website at www.CBMusicPhotography.com where I also show various genres of my photography including landscapes, city and street photography, nature, transport and more.

My newest addition is a fantastic drone which is keeping me occupied even as I drive around the west of Scotland when working.

I too hate most TV (except Corrie!) and always have something more interesting to do while others are watching it.

I like to travel as much as possible, preferring short city breaks over a fortnight on a beach, which I would never do. Even on short breaks I like to make it a 2 centre trip if possible like when I was recently in Prague and got the train to Vienna.

Also enjoy cooking with music on and a beer in hand and I do all the cooking in my house. Proper restaurant style curries made from scratch, Italian, Mexican and recently been getting into Turkish cooking thanks to a Turkish chef vlogger on YouTube.

For me there’s not enough hours in the day and work gets in the way far too much and I need to win the lottery so I can stop repairing everyone’s faulty domestic appliances.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Professional Beer enthusiast here.

If not working, I'll be reading, chilling out, playing football manager or plying Pool/Snooker or wandering about somewhere
bill

Post by bill »

GKirk wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:22 pm
Professional Beer enthusiast here.
If not working, I'll be reading, chilling out, playing football manager or plying Pool/Snooker or wandering about somewhere
:lol: :lol:
Speedbird Julie

Post by Speedbird Julie »

Figure skating, coffee and travel.

That's it :D