Old Inchinnan/All Hallow's Graveyard open day 2nd September

Moderators: bill, Clive

petrinx

Old Inchinnan/All Hallow's Graveyard open day 2nd September

Post by petrinx »

Hiyah

Inchinnan Historical Group will be opening the site of the Old Inchinnan (All Hallow's) Graveyard at the rear of the airport on Greenock Road between 10am and 2pm on September 2nd. I believe the Bascule Bridge over the Cart will also be opening at 11am and 1pm as part of its Centenary celebrations.
I thought a few folk on here might be interested in some local history as well as an opportunity to see planes from a different angle :D .
Clive
Site Admin

Re: Old Inchinnan/All Hallow's Graveyard open day 2nd September

Post by Clive »

petrinx wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:04 pm Hiyah

Inchinnan Historical Group will be opening the site of the Old Inchinnan (All Hallow's) Graveyard at the rear of the airport on Greenock Road between 10am and 2pm on September 2nd. I believe the Bascule Bridge over the Cart will also be opening at 11am and 1pm as part of its Centenary celebrations.
I thought a few folk on here might be interested in some local history as well as an opportunity to see planes from a different angle :D .
Great, thanks for that petrinx.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
viscount

Post by viscount »

Thanks for this information Clive
I lived in Renfrew for 18 yrs when I was young and spent a lot of time at both Renfrew and Glasgow airports. I will be making a point to be there.

I also have a picture of the MAID OF ASHTON sailing under the bridge on a special trip up to Paisley
billyg6

Post by billyg6 »

Takes me back , I went to the cubs/scouts in the old Inchinnan Church Hall in 66/67 and the BEA or Olympic Comet 4Bs landing low overhead with the full flaps down was a sight and sound to behold !