NY Times: 36 Hours in Glasgow

Moderators: bill, Clive

Iain

NY Times: 36 Hours in Glasgow

Post by Iain »

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... asgow.html
Glasgow, Scotland’s largest city, crackles with character. It’s a hub of grass-roots energy where art shows, plant sales and film screenings pop up in tenement flats, railway waiting rooms and disused buildings. Once known as the second city of the British Empire, Glasgow struggled to reinvent itself after the closure of its shipyards. Now, cultural hotspots have sprung up in outlying neighborhoods — like pockets of the Southside, for example, or Dennistoun in the East End — and plans are underway to revive the city center. Glasgow has a full global banquet (yes, so much more than deep-fried Mars bars, the battered-chocolate invention of Scottish fish-and-chip shops) and a love of live music (check the roster at classic venues such as Barrowland Ballroom). Another thing you’ll get to know in Glasgow is its infinite variations of rain. Be waterproof top to bottom, and you’re off to a good start.
Very complementary feature in the New York Times.

Shame we don't have any direct US flights to get American visitors to the city.
Clive
Site Admin

Re: NY Times: 36 Hours in Glasgow

Post by Clive »

Complimentary but frustratingly clichéd. It doesn’t miss the old tropes about deep fried mars bars (what a waste of an opportunity to highlight our actual culinary offerings) nor the crap about the rain. Hopefully the rest of the 36 hours will include references to our famous friendliness, architecture, nightlife, nearby natural scenery, etc.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

Any chance of a c&p Iain? I can't seem to get further than the subscribe page.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

36 hours? 6 hours is too long in Glesga :shock: :lol:
Iain

Post by Iain »

bill wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:04 pm Any chance of a c&p Iain? I can't seem to get further than the subscribe page.
Sorry Bill, it let me see the full article initially by just logging in with my Google account, but I've tried again and it won't let me see it without paying!
bill

Post by bill »

Iain wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:25 am
bill wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:04 pm Any chance of a c&p Iain? I can't seem to get further than the subscribe page.
Sorry Bill, it let me see the full article initially by just logging in with my Google account, but I've tried again and it won't let me see it without paying!
No worries,cheers.