EJU CDG-GLA

Moderators: bill, Clive

GeorgeNTravels

EJU CDG-GLA

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Not going to do a review of this on my website so I’ll do it on here.

On Wednesday I flew with easyJet Europe on flight EJU4643 operated by on of their A320’s (OE-IVA). This was the last of the three departures from CDG to GLA that day.

CDG airport has improved significantly since I was there last March with the check in process being significantly more efficient. Security was busy but was well managed with significantly more communication from the staff to passengers.

Passing the border was a doddle with e-gates doing the majority of the work, once through just show a page of your passport to an agent and they will stamp it for you.

We were scheduled to depart from gate B28, this later changed to gate B10 and then again changed to gate B21, pay attention to the screens as this was not announced in the airport.

Boarding began as soon as the aircraft arrived on stand and was via a jet bridge for rows 1-15 and stairs for everyone else. Upon boarding crew greeted everyone and apologised for the delay.

We departed ~60 mins behind schedule, this was allegedly because of ATC delays at Belfast International which was where the aircraft came from.

Usual service was provided onboard and it was another uneventful flight with easyJet.

When we landed we were the only international arrival, the previous arrival was over an hour before us and the next one was not for another 25 minutes, if we had been on time it would have not been for another 60.

Was out of the airport for 8pm, however, there was no bus to paisley until 8.45 meaning I would have missed my train from Paisley at 8.51, as a result I decided to walk into paisley as paying a tenner for a taxi just for GLA to take 50% of it didn’t seem a wise investment.

The two things that stood out was the lack of any life in the terminal at that time of night and the lack of public transport to the train station.

This is the first time in 2 years I don’t have any trips booked. I am supposed to be going to an event in London in November but it’s looking unlikely I’ll be flying due to the cost.

*EDIT, FLIGHT WAS APPROX 80% FULL*