Port in Porto

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Port in Porto

Post by atuk »

Well thanks to Bearsden, Ian and spouses Mrs C and I were able to celebrate our much delayed 40th Wedding Anniversary holiday together in what I have to say is one of the loveliest cities I’ve ever visited. Perfect weather, stunning, stunning views and lovely friendly people.

We flew from GLA with EasyJet Europe with great very professional crews, especially on the outbound leg with 320s on both flights and stayed in a centrally located hotel close to the River Douro teeming with river traffic; barges, river cruise boats and sightseeing boats sailing under the six bridges.

We explored the city, its beach area fronting the Atlantic Ocean and the wine cellars: well any port in a storm. I’ve found a new tipple: chilled white port with tonic and slice of lemon!very refreshing and all that was missing were the sardines.

The airport is clean, compact and full of Transavia France flights. I know in days gone by Oporto was served by BEA Airtours, Laker and from Germany Aerolloyd. All these years of Airport Timetables taught me lots.

Today it is EasyJet, Ryanair, Air Portugal, SATA, Eurowings with a good mix of legacy carriers and transatlantic services from TAP, Air Transat and United. Air Europe and Iberia added to the Iberian Peninsula connections.

So a big thank you to Bearsden, Ian, Anne and Sheila for a wonderful time in a fantastic city.

Oporto we shall be back.
Iain

Re: Port in Porto

Post by Iain »

Sounds like a great place to visit!

What were the loads and passenger mix on the flights like?
atuk

Re: Port in Porto

Post by atuk »

Iain wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:11 pm Sounds like a great place to visit!

What were the loads and passenger mix on the flights like?
Really busy. I don’t know exact totals but would estimate around 90% with traffic flows both ways.