Six fly off to Mafiosa Island

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Six fly off to Mafiosa Island

Post by atuk »

Not an Enid Blyton send up but a real life trip to the largest island in The Mediterranean Sea.

Well almost the last of the Ruby Anniversary celebrations, (our best friends will celebrate theirs next Sunday), saw Bearsden, Ian, myself and our spouses set off for the beautiful island of Sicily.

Once served from Glasgow by the late great Britannia Airways and Dan Air London for tour operators Ellerman, Global and Wings times have changed and it was easyJet Holidays who provided flights, transfers and accommodation from EDI. We stayed in Taormina at Hotel Ariston where Mr and Mrs ATUK visited for their Silver Wedding Anniversary holiday courtesy of Thomson and Britannia from LGW!

Our outbound flight was on 320 EZOT with an excellent all male crew and our return flight was on 320neo UZHZ - these neo’s are truly the bees knees! The return flight was equally good with an all female cabin crew including asking crosswind landing back in EDI.

During the five days we were there we visited Catania, Castelmola and Taormina as well as the neighbouring resorts of Giardini Naxos and Letojanni which were very quiet as the main season doesn’t start until the summer.

Good food,drinks, accommodation and transport links all made this an excellent holiday and well enjoyed by all.

It was the first time using easyJet and I was very impressed - we all were: they knockTUI into a cocked hat. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win Tour Operator of the year: a seamless service from end to end.

So could this be improved? Yes with 5 EZY 321 Neos based at GLA covering the Atlantic and Med from the Canary Islands to Turkey and Egypt. Life is easy - fly orange to the island of oranges.