Back online

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Back online

Post by Clive »

Apologies for the technical issues we’ve had over the last few days. We could read the forum but not post.

After an automated software update there was an incompatibility snag with one of the extensions (no idea what I’m talking about). I was able to get help from a PHPBB coding expert who kindly used his time and expertise to sort it all out for us. :D
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clydeflyer

Re: Back online

Post by Clydeflyer »

Cheers Clive - efforts much appreciated as always!
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Cheers Clive

Good to have everyone back again.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Thanks Clive for all your hard work getting everything up and running again.
bill

Post by bill »

Well done Mr.B.I was going to recommend flushing the DNS and then checking the BIOS and CMOS (no idea what I'm talking about either). :lol: :lol:
Good that it's all hunky dory again.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

bill wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:18 pm Well done Mr.B.I was going to recommend flushing the DNS and then checking the BIOS and CMOS (no idea what I'm talking about either). :lol: :lol:
Haha, those were the first things I tried. :lol:

The instructions to our solution said first back up your installation. That was me stumped. :geek:

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
baystate

Post by baystate »

Clive wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:27 pm
bill wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:18 pm Well done Mr.B.I was going to recommend flushing the DNS and then checking the BIOS and CMOS (no idea what I'm talking about either). :lol: :lol:

The instructions to our solution said first back up your installation. That was me stumped. :geek:
Good to know there was a real solution, and thanks for resolving it.

And there was me thinking the site had been taken offline so it could be used as a zombie host to make robocalls to the USA to tell people it would be okay to vote on Wednesday if there were large queues at their local polling station on Tuesday. :lol:
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

baystate wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:34 am
Clive wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:27 pm

Good to know there was a real solution, and thanks for resolving it.

And there was me thinking the site had been taken offline so it could be used as a zombie host to make robocalls to the USA to tell people it would be okay to vote on Wednesday if there were large queues at their local polling station on Tuesday. :lol:
One of Trump’s spiritual advisors had hypnotised me by chanting some demonic verse so I was in some kind of trance while they interfered with the logarithms. Apparently they needed the bandwidth to arrange Trump’s retirement on the Moon.