Should we keep or close the Turnhoose topic?

Moderators: bill, Clive

Should we keep the EDI thread?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:02 am

Close the EDI thread
21%
Keep it open
79%

Total votes: 28

Clive
Site Admin

Should we keep or close the Turnhoose topic?

Post by Clive »

Do the members wish to keep the Edinburgh topic or have it removed?

My feeling is it is misplaced in this forum and people most interested in that airfield can better discuss it elsewhere. I for one cannot stand the crowing or its use to bash GLA at every opportunity.

Poll runs for 7 days.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
hads

Re: Should we keep or close the Turnhoose topic?

Post by hads »

Its a mjor problem to Glasgow and its future. I would have thought its crucial
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

hads wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:04 pm Its a mjor problem to Glasgow and its future. I would have thought its crucial
We all know that the airport there is bigger and better but personally I don’t need it rammed down my throat every day. I can’t say it gives me any fulfilment or enjoyment.

We’ll see what the people decide.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Clive wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:08 pm
We all know that the airport there is bigger and better
Depends on your definition of bigger. Area wise absolutely not. PAX wise yes but getting 2 litres into a 1 litre bottle is always a problem. Which leads to the better part. As an airport - NOT A SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Clive wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:02 am Do the members wish to keep the Edinburgh topic or have it removed?

My feeling is it is misplaced in this forum and people most interested in that airfield can better discuss it elsewhere. I for one cannot stand the crowing or its use to bash GLA at every opportunity.

Poll runs for 7 days.
Completely relevant to discuss our biggest competitor, and report on events there.
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

Seems important to discuss the topic to me. The future of GLA airport is at stake. And with more of us forced to use EDI due to the paucity of routes at GLA, there is scope for comments on our experiences etc at EDI.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Sharpal7 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:44 pm Seems important to discuss the topic to me. The future of GLA airport is at stake. And with more of us forced to use EDI due to the paucity of routes at GLA, there is scope for comments on our experiences etc at EDI.
Perhaps we should change the forum name to EGPHEGPFForum too?

PS I’ve never been forced to use EDI. I don’t really believe that’s a thing.

GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Clive wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:03 pm
Sharpal7 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:44 pm Seems important to discuss the topic to me. The future of GLA airport is at stake. And with more of us forced to use EDI due to the paucity of routes at GLA, there is scope for comments on our experiences etc at EDI.

Speaking as someone who has a parent who travels 4x a month I can say that being forced to use EDI is a thing.

Glasgow has went from having 3 airlines doing Prague flights to now 1 doing them seasonally, as he only has a set travel budget and holidays he needs to take the most affordable flights which are now during the summer FR to EDI.

People who want to travel long haul across the Atlantic will want direct options rather than connections, particularly those with young kids, EDI now caters that market until we can get more TA flights back.

As a uni student in December I witnessed a group of French students from Montpellier travel there from EDI via BVA rather than with EZY or VY from Glasgow as it was cheaper for them.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:33 pm
Clive wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:03 pm

Speaking as someone who has a parent who travels 4x a month I can say that being forced to use EDI is a thing.

Glasgow has went from having 3 airlines doing Prague flights to now 1 doing them seasonally, as he only has a set travel budget and holidays he needs to take the most affordable flights which are now during the summer FR to EDI.

People who want to travel long haul across the Atlantic will want direct options rather than connections, particularly those with young kids, EDI now caters that market until we can get more TA flights back.

As a uni student in December I witnessed a group of French students from Montpellier travel there from EDI via BVA rather than with EZY or VY from Glasgow as it was cheaper for them.
Yes we know there’s a drain of pax to EDI. That’s hardly hot news.

As the vast array of cheap EDI flights are so terribly convenient for everyone it shouldn’t be a problem. Right? No wonder airlines forget about GLA…

atuk

Post by atuk »

Personally I’d keep it.

I’ll post news relating to GLA but also EDI as well as other airports and aviation in general.

Removing an EDI section will lose more than you gain. Remember keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.