Should we keep or close the Turnhoose topic?

Moderators: bill, Clive

Should we keep the EDI thread?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:02 am

Close the EDI thread
21%
Keep it open
79%

Total votes: 28

viscount

Re: Should we keep or close the Turnhoose topic?

Post by viscount »

jetblue497 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:00 pm
Clive wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:08 pm
We all know that the airport there is bigger and better
Depends on your definition of bigger. Area wise absolutely not. PAX wise yes but getting 2 litres into a 1 litre bottle is always a problem. Which leads to the better part. As an airport - NOT A SNOWBALLS CHANCE IN HELL.
A airport in just not about the terminal Edi owns twice as much ground so they have room to extend if and when they want to. It already has about 25% more aircraft parking. With plans in the pipeline for further extensions and gates
Going back to the question from Clive this topic tends to advertise Edi more and upset people so it should be taken down
What we need for Glasgow is American company to buy it and spend lots of money on it.
bill

Post by bill »

I'd say keep the thread open. It does bug the sh*t out of me the mess GLA is in and how successful EDI has become, that's why I hardly ever read anything in that thread,thus avoiding outbursts of rage and anger. :D
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

bill wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:18 am I'd say keep the thread open. It does bug the sh*t out of me the mess GLA is in and how successful EDI has become, that's why I hardly ever read anything in that thread,thus avoiding outbursts of rage and anger. :D
Looks like it’s going to survive the democratic process. I guess my problem is I read everything on the forum. And hearing about things like “Flying Finns galore with golf clubs” when GLA could never support a HEL service never mind anything more mainstream, does nothing but rub in how grim GLA is compared to EDI. As I say, we already know that. We don’t need it reinforced multiple times every day IMO.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Keep it, you're not forced to read it IMO.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

GKirk wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:24 am Keep it, you're not forced to read it IMO.
I am, as co-mod. But yes, we are keeping it. I’ve also got a sadomasochism forum for those who voted Keep It. :lol:

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:55 am [quote=bill post_id=6414 time=<a href="tel:1650100729">1650100729</a> user_id=71]
I'd say keep the thread open. It does bug the sh*t out of me the mess GLA is in and how successful EDI has become, that's why I hardly ever read anything in that thread,thus avoiding outbursts of rage and anger. :D
Looks like it’s going to survive the democratic process. I guess my problem is I read everything on the forum. And hearing about things like “Flying Finns galore with golf clubs” when GLA could never support a HEL service never mind anything more mainstream, does nothing but rub in how grim GLA is compared to EDI. As I say, we already know that. We don’t need it reinforced multiple times every day IMO.
[/quote]

That comment I made regards AY was meant only to illustrate the service was still operating. Not to rub anyone’s nose in it. Sorry if you feel that way but that’s how it is. Life isn’t always what you want it to be but I’ll continue to post on EDI and GLA just as I use both airports for business and personal flights.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:33 pm
Clive wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:55 am [quote=bill post_id=6414 time=<a href="tel:1650100729">1650100729</a> user_id=71]
That comment I made regards AY was meant only to illustrate the service was still operating. Not to rub anyone’s nose in it. Sorry if you feel that way but that’s how it is. Life isn’t always what you want it to be but I’ll continue to post on EDI and GLA just as I use both airports for business and personal flights.
[/quote]

With respect, none of us here want to hear how fantabulous EDI always is with hoards of eager visitors from all corners of the globe. We can take it as read that everyone of us already knows that and we won’t need reminded.

Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Davieboy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:11 am
Clive wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:55 am
Looks like it’s going to survive the democratic process. I guess my problem is I read everything on the forum.
Is that the matter settled for a generation or will there be another vote if there's a material change in circumstances?
Democracy isn’t finite.

atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:02 am [quote=atuk post_id=6457 time=<a href="tel:1650576816">1650576816</a> user_id=75]
[quote=Clive post_id=6422 time=<a href="tel:1650106512">1650106512</a> user_id=2]
[quote=bill post_id=6414 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1650100729">1650100729</a>">1650100729</a> user_id=71]
[/quote]

[/quote]

With respect, none of us here want to hear how fantabulous EDI always is with hoards of eager visitors from all corners of the globe. We can take it as read that everyone of us already knows that and we won’t need reminded.
[/quote]

Are you speaking in a personal capacity or for everyone? I doubt the latter otherwise the vote to retain wouldn’t have been so large.

As previously advised I post to advise/ confirm what’s actually happening. Not to rub anyones nose in it.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:31 pm

Are you speaking in a personal capacity or for everyone? I doubt the latter otherwise the vote to retain wouldn’t have been so large.

As previously advised I post to advise/ confirm what’s actually happening. Not to rub anyones nose in it.
My inbox is overflowing with folks who don’t want to hear all the bells and whistles of how EDI is burgeoning with almost every traveller to Scotland.

Anyway, the 7 days is probably up so the topic is closed.