what has happened recently? musings

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

what has happened recently? musings

Post by awwdabaaby »

I'm sorry but this needs addressed.

Recently, the badmouthing and backstabbing has become worse than its ever been. This forum has been running, all beit in a number of different guises, for in excess of 10 years now.

A previous version of the forum saw polls with included a certain thread being considered deleted from the forum, which in my opinion should happen.

At the end of the day, we are always going to be comparing Glasgow to that in the East, but we are all here for 2 things, a love of aviation and a love of Glasgow.

Most of us have enough (excuse the language) shit going on in our lives, not that you probably want to know, but from suffering badly from my mental health, to struggling to advance my educational status to try and do something that a few know about, to a father who is now suffering from dementia, I battle on, I still work my arse off pulling schedules together, I will point out yet again, it was ME, not SeanM1997 on Twitter, who revealed the 4 TUI aircraft, but not 1 thanks, pat on the back or anything, but it's fine.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this used to be a fun place, it was a little 5-10 minutes escapism from the monotonous drones of life, but the forum has now become the monotonous part.

So let's try and bring the fun back, let's make the forum a community worth being a part of, I want to feel welcome here just as I do in the LGBTQIA+ community, only each of us can make it happen.

So let's focus on Glasgow, its why we're here.

Anyway

Dabaaby out
Clive
Site Admin

Re: what has happened recently? musings

Post by Clive »

Well said John.

This is why we moderate when we have to, to keep it on the level.

The two members who recently received temporary bans pushed it too far, doing exactly what the moderators required them to cease, as if they were testing us. Each disruptive post as they argue the toss brings the tone down and we are not having that.

So as we stated before, everyone must stick to the rules and moderator’s decisions are not up for debate. When they choose to go fist to fist with the moderators it’s only going to end in bans.

As forums go we actually have few problems, and 99% of the time the mods have no need to act as moderators other than keeping us safe from spammers, etc.

So thank you to everyone who posts properly. And on a personal note thank you John for your invaluable contribution to this forum.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

Both posts above echo my own sentiments.We're all on here because we support (or should) Glasgow Airport and we all have a vested interest in it.With this in mind,there shouldn't really be any bad feeling between the posters but sometimes it does feel like there are deliberately inflammable posts made aimed at certain members. As Clive alluded to, this is being stamped out, the hard way. Holidays from the forum will only happen once then it will be a banning. The trouble with being a keyboard warrior is it's easy to forget people look to forums like this for an escape from the pressures of, for example, work life and issues like mental health can be easily overlooked. We do all struggle at times with mental health issues...even the moderators who can return from the worst possible day at work and we're all on here squabbling like 5 year olds over an airport ffs.
Use the forum wisely to interact with like-minded folks and find some relief from the pressures of the outside world. Otherwise, one way or another you won't be using it at all.
Thanks,
Bill
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Well said guys