Random musings

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Air Canada

Post by atuk »

A long time operator from PIK: in my day with DC8s, stretch 8s and freighter 8s followed by the trans Atlantic saviour- the Boeing 767.

After Open Skies the move to GLA saw flights operated mainly by 767-200s with the occasional 767-300. Flights were handled by British Midland, a fellow Star Alliance carrier. The AC mainline service was discontinued the reinstated by ACRouge 767s with three departures fro GLA and four departures from EDI.

Now their only Scottish service is a daily 787 from EDI-YYZ although AC have been badly hit by the number of unserviceable aircraft resulting in a leased 767 from US carrier Omni Air International from Manchester although this is being replaced by an A330. Cancellations due tolack of aircraft have also been implemented supplemented by 787-900s being used on occasions.

Like other fellow Star Alliance they offer seamless connections between A3, LH, SK UA and surprisingly QR a Oneworld member.

Hopefully they may return to GLA once again but I rather think that would depend on UA being back in GLA too.
Aerecosse

Re: Random musings

Post by Aerecosse »

Loved flying AC's 767.... actually any mainline 767, always had loads of room in economy. Flew back in the day when AC had 2 departures from GLA to YYZ along with YVR stopping off in YYC on the way back.... one of my flights out was to SEA & didn't know at the time the flew direct to YVR as I was booked via YYZ & YVR.... tried to change at check-in when I saw the destination board but the flight was full and had to go the long way! Ahh here's hoping they return one day!
Flown: BA, BD, BE, BY, DA, AMM, MT, XL, JN, EI, FR, LH, JK, BV, NW, HP, US, CO, AC, DL, QF, AN, NZ, TN, RAR, MH, CX, FM, SA, EK, EY
viscount

Post by viscount »

Flown on 767 by 2 different airlines Air leisure and AA both from GLA, enjoyed both flights.
atuk

Post by atuk »

viscount wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:25 am Flown on 767 by 2 different airlines Air leisure and AA both from GLA, enjoyed both flights.
Leisure Air International which became First Choice on the purchase of Unijet by First Choice. It must have been an Orlando flight.

Never flown on an AA763 but remember that flight well AA53 GLA-ORD. Mrs C and I flew on a AA AB6 from SJU to JFK some years ago. A bit like a GLA- Canaries sector except many PuertoRican VFR traffic as well as USA home bound sun seekers.
Last edited by atuk on Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viscount

Post by viscount »

atuk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:08 pm
viscount wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:25 am Flown on 767 by 2 different airlines Air leisure and AA both from GLA, enjoyed both flights.
Leisure Air International which became First Choice on the purchase of Unijet by First Chiice. It must have been an Orlando flight.

Never flown on an AA763 but remember that flight well AA53 GLA-ORD. Mrs C and I flew on a AA AB6 from SJU to JFK some years ago. A bit like a GLA- Canaries sector except many PuertoRican VFR traffic as well as USA home bound sun seekers.
Yes it was Orlando did not know what happened to them thanks for the update
The AA flight I should have said it was PHL can’t remember the name of the airline in those day but I think it was US airways
Because I use it for cargo I managed an upgrade on the way out.
atuk

Post by atuk »

viscount wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:25 pm [quote=atuk post_id=10050 time=<a href="tel:1689523681">1689523681</a> user_id=75]
[quote=viscount post_id=10013 time=<a href="tel:1689413140">1689413140</a> user_id=395]
Flown on 767 by 2 different airlines Air leisure and AA both from GLA, enjoyed both flights.
Leisure Air International which became First Choice on the purchase of Unijet by First Chiice. It must have been an Orlando flight.

[/quote]

Yes it was Orlando did not know what happened to them thanks for the update
The AA flight I should have said it was PHL can’t remember the name of the airline in those day but I think it was US airways
Because I use it for cargo I managed an upgrade on the way out.
[/quote]

Good for you. Mind you I hated US airways and their ultra casual cabin crew. Uniforms. You couldn’t tell the crew from the chavs!