Embarrassing bus schedule

Moderators: bill, Clive

bill

Re: Embarrassing bus schedule

Post by bill »

Hi George. Well done for raising the issue with the airport. They need to be told although as we all know they'll do the square root of eff all.
Surprised your reply wasn't along the lines of:
"Thanks for raising your concerns about public transport links at the airport. Did you know we have a new burger joint opening soon? Hope this helps."
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

bill wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:54 pm Hi George. Well done for raising the issue with the airport. They need to be told although as we all know they'll do the square root of eff all.
"Thanks for raising your concerns about public transport links at the airport. Did you know we have a new burger joint opening soon? Hope this helps."
Basically the vibe I got from the reply was, "not out problem, piss off". In my reply I raised the point it can be cheaper getting to EDI than it is GLA despite the fact I live in Inverclyde.

I know somebody in the airport has done some reading on my site as they after sending the email someone viewed the post in question and my post about the plummeting success of GLA.
bill

Post by bill »

Indeed. We've still got 6 months until Provan leaves as well. Soul destroying stuff. :(
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:56 pm
bill wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:54 pm Hi George. Well done for raising the issue with the airport. They need to be told although as we all know they'll do the square root of eff all.
Basically the vibe I got from the reply was, "not out problem, piss off". In my reply I raised the point it can be cheaper getting to EDI than it is GLA despite the fact I live in Inverclyde.

I know somebody in the airport has done some reading on my site as they after sending the email someone viewed the post in question and my post about the plummeting success of GLA.
Why would you want to get to EDI and how could it be cheaper to get to than GLA from Inverclyde?

Every would-be GLA pax who uses EDI is playing straight into the hands of Herr Dewar and the airlines who refuse to serve GLA. Their algorithms will then show GLA is superfluous to travellers’ needs.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Clive wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:51 pm

Why would you want to get to EDI and how could it be cheaper to get to than GLA from Inverclyde?

Every would-be GLA pax who uses EDI is playing straight into the hands of Herr Dewar and the airlines who refuse to serve GLA. Their algorithms will then show GLA is superfluous to travellers’ needs.
To address the first points, more direct flights and saves the cost of flying through FRA, LHR or AMS. On to the cost aspect;

1 train per hour from where I live, it arrives when the 757 bus leaves, either wait 30 minutes for the next one or take a taxi which is £12.

To get to EDI is an extra 60p on the train and the bus from Buchanan Street is £9 if booked online in advance so that is still cheaper than GLA.

Onto using GLA, lets take a trip to CRL for example. You could fly Tue and Sat from GLA, or daily from EDI. It is clear that EDI is able to suit GLA pax who have less flexibility, something AGS/GLA have to wake up too.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:16 pm

To address the first points, more direct flights and saves the cost of flying through FRA, LHR or AMS. On to the cost aspect;

1 train per hour from where I live, it arrives when the 757 bus leaves, either wait 30 minutes for the next one or take a taxi which is £12.

To get to EDI is an extra 60p on the train and the bus from Buchanan Street is £9 if booked online in advance so that is still cheaper than GLA.

Onto using GLA, lets take a trip to CRL for example. You could fly Tue and Sat from GLA, or daily from EDI. It is clear that EDI is able to suit GLA pax who have less flexibility, something AGS/GLA have to wake up too.
Airlines decide their own schedules. And if you are suggesting EDI is a substitute for GLA then GLA has no chance. Why would an airline use GLA when it can just as well or even better use EDI? A lot of people in here seem to be looking at it the wrong way round IMO. Certainly not the way the airlines consider it.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Clive wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:29 pm
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:16 pm

Airlines decide their own schedules. And if you are suggesting EDI is a substitute for GLA then GLA has no chance. Why would an airline use GLA when it can just as well or even better use EDI? A lot of people in here seem to be looking at it the wrong way round IMO. Certainly not the way the airlines consider it.
We are not turning another thread into a conversation of people giving opinions that are apparently wrong. This thread highlighted an issue which the airport now has no excuse to say they did not know about.

I'll share further responses received from GLA if I get any.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Another negative story . . . . especially when it contains “It’s embarrassing and the bus service has definitely declined. It’s easier to get to Edinburgh airport from Glasgow City Centre than it is to get to Glasgow airport.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/g ... 8db3958b58

Management at GLA need to wake up!!
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Just to note that First Glasgow have no services operating across the network on Jan 1st, so very much a stay-at-home day, if you don't drive.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

First Bus app seems to show that a 24 hour service is being resumed from Sunday, with buses at 0100, 0200, 0300, 0400 & 0500.

The First Bus website also indicated that additional services are being added during the day (I did see a mention of every 12 minutes but cannot find it any more).

That just leaves McGills on the 757 which is still operating at 50% capacity of pre-covid times.