Embarrassing bus schedule

Moderators: bill, Clive

GeorgeNTravels

Re: Embarrassing bus schedule

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Bus prices on the 500 are increasing to £10 for a single for purchase both on the app and on the bus
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

I wonder how much of the 17.65% increase is going towards 'route development'!
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:22 am I wonder how much of the 17.65% increase is going towards 'route development'!
I don’t think the bus company do much of the airport’s route development work.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Clive wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:30 pm
Bearsden wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:22 am I wonder how much of the 17.65% increase is going towards 'route development'!
Depends on the commercial deal . . .

Do GLA subsidise the service?
So GLA trying to reduce costs (and improve EBITDA)

Do GLA take a 'forecourt commission' just like the taxis?
So GLA trying to increase revenue (and improve EBITDA) then First Bus have little option but to pass it on to the customer

I suspect the number of seats sold has dropped quite significantly outwith the peak times and of course there is now free bus travel at both ends of the age scale so the realised revenue is at the subsidy rate and not the full fare rate
atuk

Post by atuk »

Bearsden wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:31 pm [quote=Clive post_id=9291 time=<a href="tel:1681572651">1681572651</a> user_id=2]
[quote=Bearsden post_id=9290 time=<a href="tel:1681546974">1681546974</a> user_id=72]
I wonder how much of the 17.65% increase is going towards 'route development'!
[/quote]

Depends on the commercial deal . . .

Do GLA subsidise the service?
So GLA trying to reduce costs (and improve EBITDA)

Do GLA take a 'forecourt commission' just like the taxis?
So GLA trying to increase revenue (and improve EBITDA) then First Bus have little option but to pass it on to the customer

I suspect the number of seats sold has dropped quite significantly outwith the peak times and of course there is now free bus travel at both ends of the age scale so the realised revenue is at the subsidy rate and not the full fare rate
[/quote]

I suspect you have hit all the nails firmly on the head.

I well remember suggesting that Stagecoach West Scotland divert their North Ayrshire services, at that time minus hourly or more, into GLA. This would have provided connectivity from Ardrossan, Irvine, Beith and Howwood to airport, Braehead and the city centre.Zilch response from both the airport and bus company despite being a shareholder in both!