Re-openings

Moderators: bill, Clive

PiperOne

Re-openings

Post by PiperOne »

Not a major news story, but T2 has re-opened for Jet2 check-in, with the Covid test unit re-locating to a vacant shop unit, adjacent to the now-closed Wetherspoons beside domestic arrivals. M&S Foodstore has also re-opened, and seemed to have a fairly steady throughput yesterday, certainly while I was enjoying a Starbucks coffee. The other coffee shop, in International arrivals, is now all boarded up.

Linking to the other thread, fairly long queues for the 500 at varying times, and a constant procession of taxis departing. Also noted that the new IPark on Inchinnan Road was very busy, although the longterm car park is still the test centre.
GeorgeNTravels

Re: Re-openings

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

PiperOne wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:12 pm Not a major news story, but T2 has re-opened for Jet2 check-in, with the Covid test unit re-locating to a vacant shop unit, adjacent to the now-closed Wetherspoons beside domestic arrivals. M&S Foodstore has also re-opened, and seemed to have a fairly steady throughput yesterday, certainly while I was enjoying a Starbucks coffee. The other coffee shop, in International arrivals, is now all boarded up.

Linking to the other thread, fairly long queues for the 500 at varying times, and a constant procession of taxis departing. Also noted that the new IPark on Inchinnan Road was very busy, although the longterm car park is still the test centre.
I noticed that it appears to only be for Jet2 and that FR and TS are still in the main building, anyone able to confirm if they are permanent changes?
ScotFlyer

Post by ScotFlyer »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:06 am
PiperOne wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:12 pm Not a major news story, but T2 has re-opened for Jet2 check-in, with the Covid test unit re-locating to a vacant shop unit, adjacent to the now-closed Wetherspoons beside domestic arrivals. M&S Foodstore has also re-opened, and seemed to have a fairly steady throughput yesterday, certainly while I was enjoying a Starbucks coffee. The other coffee shop, in International arrivals, is now all boarded up.

I noticed that it appears to only be for Jet2 and that FR and TS are still in the main building, anyone able to confirm if they are permanent changes?
T2 reopened on Monday 28 March.

Only Jet2 are in T2, Air Transat and Ryanair remaining in main terminal.
bill

Post by bill »

Airport is a shambles at the moment. More stuff boarded up or empty than ever. The whole thing at GLA is a lacklustre mess from A-Z.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

bill wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:20 pm Airport is a shambles at the moment. More stuff boarded up or empty than ever. The whole thing at GLA is a lacklustre mess from A-Z.
I does look a very sorry state. I guess that’s what Tirana Airport looked like inside in 1982.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Clive wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:26 pm
bill wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:20 pm Airport is a shambles at the moment. More stuff boarded up or empty than ever. The whole thing at GLA is a lacklustre mess from A-Z.
I does look a very sorry state. I guess that’s what Tirana Airport looked like inside in 1982.
I passed through Tirana Airport in 2009 and it looked more modern than the GLA I had departed from earlier the same day.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:14 pm
I passed through Tirana Airport in 2009 and it looked more modern than the GLA I had departed from earlier the same day.
Quite.

Apart from all the boarded up units the whole terminal looks shabby. Obviously there is no money to play with and there hasn’t been for 2 years but we all know the reason why that is. We can’t blame the management or owners for the global pandemic.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

:lol: :lol:
McG

Post by McG »

According to that most reliable of sources, Glasgow Live, it will be May at the earliest before the ATM’s and Foreign Exchange facilities reopen at the airport, after the last operator decided to close them during the pandemic.
Paris

Post by Paris »

McG wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:24 pm According to that most reliable of sources, Glasgow Live, it will be May at the earliest before the ATM’s and Foreign Exchange facilities reopen at the airport, after the last operator decided to close them during the pandemic.
ATMs opening… Great canny wait to pick up my Bank of England 10s n 20s when i arrive back from wherever n I need some cash…. Great advert: Welcome to Scotland, here you go, have someone else’s currency :oops: :oops: :oops: