Re-openings

Moderators: bill, Clive

Allen McL

Re: Re-openings

Post by Allen McL »

Paris wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:00 pm
McG wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:24 pm According to that most reliable of sources, Glasgow Live, it will be May at the earliest before the ATM’s and Foreign Exchange facilities reopen at the airport, after the last operator decided to close them during the pandemic.
ATMs opening… Great canny wait to pick up my Bank of England 10s n 20s when i arrive back from wherever n I need some cash…. Great advert: Welcome to Scotland, here you go, have someone else’s currency :oops: :oops: :oops:
Have those ATM's ever dispensed Scottish bank notes though ? I don't recall a time.
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

Allen McL wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:08 pm
McG wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:24 pm According to that most reliable of sources, Glasgow Live, it will be May at the earliest before the ATM’s and Foreign Exchange facilities reopen at the airport, after the last operator decided to close them during the pandemic.
ATMs opening… Great canny wait to pick up my Bank of England 10s n 20s when i arrive back from wherever n I need some cash…. Great advert: Welcome to Scotland, here you go, have someone else’s currency :oops: :oops: :oops:
Have those ATM's ever dispensed Scottish bank notes though ? I don't recall a time.
They might have to in a few years time ;)
cammyboy

Post by cammyboy »

Surely departing passengers, mostly from Europe, would want to be able to get Euro's from the bank machine for when they get home? I know there's some of the tartan tat shops around the town that now take Euro's too, albeit for an horrendous exchange rate.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

ScotFlyer wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:16 am
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:06 am
PiperOne wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:12 pm Not a major news story, but T2 has re-opened for Jet2 check-in, with the Covid test unit re-locating to a vacant shop unit, adjacent to the now-closed Wetherspoons beside domestic arrivals. M&S Foodstore has also re-opened, and seemed to have a fairly steady throughput yesterday, certainly while I was enjoying a Starbucks coffee. The other coffee shop, in International arrivals, is now all boarded up.

Linking to the other thread, fairly long queues for the 500 at varying times, and a constant procession of taxis departing. Also noted that the new IPark on Inchinnan Road was very busy, although the longterm car park is still the test centre.
I noticed that it appears to only be for Jet2 and that FR and TS are still in the main building, anyone able to confirm if they are permanent changes?
T2 reopened on Monday 28 March.

Only Jet2 are in T2, Air Transat and Ryanair remaining in main terminal.
Looks like Air Transat now back in T2, using desks 61-64
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

bill wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:20 pm Airport is a shambles at the moment. More stuff boarded up or empty than ever. The whole thing at GLA is a lacklustre mess from A-Z.
Was in the airport yesterday meeting someone and noticed how grim the international arrivals hall is, boarded up coffee shop, closed WHSmith, closed currency exchange, doesn’t create a good 1st impression.
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Having came through international arrivals today it's clear the whole pier needs a revamp. A lot of the internal fittings haven't been replaced for what seems like decades with the old BAA mauve doors still very evident. Ceiling panels manky or missing, poor lighting etc etc. Cosmetic issues yes but, evidence of a general lack of effort around the airport. Grim is the word.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Unfortunately the 90s look will remain until it's stripped of all the BAA signage and doors. I find it looks really amateur to have the old signs alongside the newer blue and white branded signs. Additionally, I think it's time automated announcements were introduced.

On a side note it looks like the black on exterior the central/domestic pier is being repainted to a light grey which is a subtle but welcome change.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

southflyer wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:08 pm Unfortunately the 90s look will remain until it's stripped of all the BAA signage and doors. I find it looks really amateur to have the old signs alongside the newer blue and white branded signs. Additionally, I think it's time automated announcements were introduced.

On a side note it looks like the black on exterior the central/domestic pier is being repainted to a light grey which is a subtle but welcome change.
I suggested automated announcements to them in an email last month and the rep who replied to the email said they passed the suggestion onto the airport manager.

Let’s see if they act on it.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Noticed today that the food court and bar beside security have disappeared. Now just a large open area.
sunflyer

Post by sunflyer »

Hoarding down at landside pub