International Arrivals Works

Moderators: bill, Clive

GeorgeNTravels

International Arrivals Works

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Does anybody know what the works going on in International Arrivals will deliver for passengers. From what I can see they are completely changing the layout when you exit customs.

Rather than coming out the sliding doors that were next to the Rolex poster, they have installed doors like you get at EDI or BHD when exiting customs and baggage reclaim. The new layout means pax now come out closer to the check-in side of the hall and the seats for people waiting are now on the left hand side next to the currency exchange.

The entire public area where you wait is currently a mess of white hoardings and is not a great place to be (it was also a ghost town when I arrived yesterday night to meet somebody from a flight)
Attachments
image0 (10).jpeg
image0 (10).jpeg (41.87 KiB) Viewed 6288 times
PiperOne

Re: International Arrivals Works

Post by PiperOne »

The new exit route is a bit more user friendly, coming straight out rather than having a narrow passage alongside the wall. As far as I can see, the hoardings are only around what was the Mozzo coffee unit, so far no sign of work taking place, although the unit did not re-open post-Covid, so my thought at the moment is that a new tenant is awaited to provide a new catering outlet.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

PiperOne wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:00 pm The new exit route is a bit more user friendly, coming straight out rather than having a narrow passage alongside the wall. As far as I can see, the hoardings are only around what was the Mozzo coffee unit, so far no sign of work taking place, although the unit did not re-open post-Covid, so my thought at the moment is that a new tenant is awaited to provide a new catering outlet.
Cheers, on the coffee unit it says "essential maintenance" although it has said that for god knows how long. The area will look better when the hoardings around the old exit from landside are removed, but obviously they are needed for safety.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Greggs is the new occupant of the Mozzo coffee area, opens in April

Source: https://www.insider.co.uk/news/greggs-a ... t-29115437
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:47 pm Greggs is the new occupant of the Mozzo coffee area, opens in April

Source: https://www.insider.co.uk/news/greggs-a ... t-29115437
Good to see them back, after they got stuck airside a few years back and had to close.
hads

Post by hads »

A kind of metaphor for the current scenario at GLA.
bill

Post by bill »

Brilliant. A steak bake just as you arrive home from wherever it is we still have international flights from. Just watch the numbers go through the roof now. Feckin Greggs ffs. Wish we could get this AGS mob out.