Emirates

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Re: Emirates

Post by atuk »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:59 am Dont think anybody cares what happened over there tbh

Well whilst nobody wishes to be detrimental in any way, shape or form to Glasgow, what happens in EDIhas an impact on them just as well it does vice versa way.

What Bearsden was stating and illustrating is that going forward it may be EK in GLA and QR at EDI.

I’m not alone with my EDI colleagues thinking EK may not return to EDI, or of it does then it will be a single daily departure from both airports,perhaps even reduced frequency until loads improve.

Time will tell. At this moment in time QR should have been operating a twice daily service to DOH. Instead there is a thrice weekly departure with some flights cancelled.

GLA would, of course, be playing host to a double daily departure to DXB with a 77W and 388.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:59 am Dont think anybody cares what happened over there tbh
Every business needs to be aware of the competition unless it is a monopoly
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:20 am

Well whilst nobody wishes to be detrimental in any way, shape or form to Glasgow, what happens in EDIhas an impact on them just as well it does vice versa way.

What Bearsden was stating and illustrating is that going forward it may be EK in GLA and QR at EDI.

I’m not alone with my EDI colleagues thinking EK may not return to EDI, or of it does then it will be a single daily departure from both airports,perhaps even reduced frequency until loads improve.

Time will tell. At this moment in time QR should have been operating a twice daily service to DOH. Instead there is a thrice weekly departure with some flights cancelled.

GLA would, of course, be playing host to a double daily departure to DXB with a 77W and 388.
Did you not say you had been laid off?
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive, it’s a movable feast. Things constantly changing. The only certain in aviation right now is uncertainty.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Emirates in this past week’s schedule update filed schedule changes between 01SEP20 and 27MAR21, as the airline reduces operational frequencies on various routes.

As of 2215GMT 18JUL20, planned service reduction as follows. Additional network adjustment will be filed in the next few weeks.
Dubai – Glasgow Reduce from 2 to 1 daily, A380 operating
Other UK changes are:
Dubai – London Gatwick Reduce from 3 to 1 daily upon service resumption, A380 operating
Dubai – London Stansted Reduce from 2 to 1 daily upon service resumption, 777-300ER operating (Overall service for London reduces from 11 to 8 daily)

Dubai – Manchester Reduce from 3 to 2 daily, A380 operating
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

For September

GLA 4 x weekly A380
EDI 7 x weekly B77W
MAN 1 x Daily A380
NCL non operational
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

GKirk wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:05 pm For September

GLA 4 x weekly A380
EDI 7 x weekly B77W
MAN 1 x Daily A380
NCL non operational
See my earlier post - I would much rather GLA had 7 x weekly B77W (more capacity both passengers & freight)
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Clearly edi covering for NCL capacity ... i can sense the edi conspiracy theorys and drama coming ... :?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Got from a very reliable source NCL and EDI loads are combined ., loads where light at both points .. lack of crew and aircraft still in storage as capacity not needed . And at GLA loads not needed to go daily in sept . Picking up for oct and will be back to normal in new year . Freight getting trucked to LHR if required.. Before anybody starts we are not losing any rotations or losing anything to edi so calm
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Latest update for Sept
GLA 4 x weekly 777
EDI 7 x weekly 777