Emirates

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

greymare

Re: Emirates

Post by greymare »

I thought B777 and B787 were widebody?? My mistake. I cant tell you how surprised I'am to learn that "sadly all our other widebodies are long gone". lol
Paris

Post by Paris »

:lol:
greymare wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:48 pm I thought B777 and B787 were widebody?? My mistake. I cant tell you how surprised I'am to learn that "sadly all our other widebodies are long gone". lol
:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
Hialflyer

Post by Hialflyer »

greymare wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:48 pm I thought B777 and B787 were widebody?? My mistake. I cant tell you how surprised I'am to learn that "sadly all our other widebodies are long gone". lol
The message doenst say they aren't widebodies. It names EK, TUI and TSC as using the loaders but all OTHER widebodies have gone, What other airlines regularily use widebodies to GLA now?
speedwaysnapper

Post by speedwaysnapper »

Just to add to the passenger number debate I am just back from Abu Dhabi and we flew via Frankfort with Etihad and both AUH flights were full with lots of connecting passengers. Frankfurt transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 is a bit of a nightmare changing buses on the way also they decide not to open the security lanes from 2 to 8 in terminal 2 until 7am when our flight landed at 6.20am. I also baged a business class upgrade on Lufthansa for £60 on the flight back to Glasgow which was worth it for the lounge access at FRA and the quality food on the flight.
sunflyer

Post by sunflyer »

Noticed there were 2 Emirates in today
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

sunflyer wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:07 pm Noticed there were 2 Emirates in today
There has been one resting up on 37-ish before it goes back to KEF to pick up its charter pax for AUH.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
pushingtinonceagain

Post by pushingtinonceagain »

The overarching reason Glasgow hasn’t been increased to double daily (yet) simply comes down to the availability of crew.

There’s still 53 A388s sitting at DWC waiting to be either returned to service or scrapped. The A350 comes online next year and the 777X at some point in 2025. They have just announced the building of a new simulator complex with 8 new full flight sims capable of about 150,000 hours training capacity per year.

They can’t recruit en-mass the same number of flight deck and cabin crew as they sacked en-mass in 2020 because there isn’t the physical or hourly training capacity to get them rated and back flying, and now they are having to start adding in another 2 aircraft types. EKs operation absolutely dwarfs Qatar’s or Etihad so it just takes longer to get people into the seats they need to be in at the same rate.

The 2nd flight will be back in due course, and I’m confident that’ll be before anything from EK lands at Edinburgh. Plenty of shop talk in Dubai that Edinburgh is actually gone, full stop.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

pushingtinonceagain wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:53 pm The overarching reason Glasgow hasn’t been increased to double daily (yet) simply comes down to the availability of crew.

There’s still 53 A388s sitting at DWC waiting to be either returned to service or scrapped. The A350 comes online next year and the 777X at some point in 2025. They have just announced the building of a new simulator complex with 8 new full flight sims capable of about 150,000 hours training capacity per year.

They can’t recruit en-mass the same number of flight deck and cabin crew as they sacked en-mass in 2020 because there isn’t the physical or hourly training capacity to get them rated and back flying, and now they are having to start adding in another 2 aircraft types. EKs operation absolutely dwarfs Qatar’s or Etihad so it just takes longer to get people into the seats they need to be in at the same rate.

The 2nd flight will be back in due course, and I’m confident that’ll be before anything from EK lands at Edinburgh. Plenty of shop talk in Dubai that Edinburgh is actually gone, full stop.
Great news. Thanks for that. 👍
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
ontimeexceptacars

Post by ontimeexceptacars »

Interview with STC, and yes GLA was mentioned!

OTEA

https://aviationweek.com/podcasts/windo ... -tim-clark
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

ontimeexceptacars wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:25 pm Interview with STC, and yes GLA was mentioned!

OTEA

https://aviationweek.com/podcasts/windo ... -tim-clark
His comment about the Trident struggling in GLA is a wee bit misleading because:
a) At that time GLA had a significantly shorter runway
b) The Trident was called the "groundhog" for a reason