Icelandair

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Allen McL

Re: Icelandair

Post by Allen McL »

Nice to see the Hekla Aurora back too.

ImagePSX_20210919_131551 by Allen McL, on Flickr
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Allen McL wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:54 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm Do you think FI could change there mind now USA is open ??
That's gonna depend on the passenger interest I'd suppose ? Seemingly bookings were high enough to restart the service but once Biden started playing with the dates, transatlantic transfer customers cancelled in their droves.

Its one to watch though, for sure.
Unless Scotland stops being the most restrictive country in Europe to enter by the time the US restrictions are lifted then I doubt it.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

jetblue497 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:43 pm
Allen McL wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:54 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm Do you think FI could change there mind now USA is open ??
That's gonna depend on the passenger interest I'd suppose ? Seemingly bookings were high enough to restart the service but once Biden started playing with the dates, transatlantic transfer customers cancelled in their droves.

Unless Scotland stops being the most restrictive country in Europe to enter by the time the US restrictions are lifted then I doubt it.
By November is Scotland’s currently planned entry restrictions tougher than the US “lifted restrictions”?

You may need to check that.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Clive wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:14 pm

By November is Scotland’s currently planned entry restrictions tougher than the US “lifted restrictions”?

So yesterday there were "no plans to change Scotland's entry rules" and today we fall in line with england?????? I have to admit to missing that.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

jetblue497 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:51 pm

So yesterday there were "no plans to change Scotland's entry rules" and today we fall in line with england?????? I have to admit to missing that.
What’s England got to do with it?

I’m asking you if you need to check the proposed entry requirements for the “restrictions lifted” USA with the currently planned Scottish requirements. You are implying the impediment to travel is at the Scottish end and not the USA end. They are almost identical.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Clive wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:15 pm

I’m asking you if you need to check the proposed entry requirements for the “restrictions lifted” USA with the currently planned Scottish requirements. You are implying the impediment to travel is at the Scottish end and not the USA end. They are almost identical.
My point was yesterday (21st) the proposed US entry requirements were fully vaccinated with a negative antigen test. Scotland was fully vaccinated with a negative antigen test to board. 2 PCR tests - day 2 and day 8 - MUST be booked and paid for prior to arrival. Not close to similar. On checking the SG web site they are stating that the restrictions will fall in line with those revealed by england last week effective on October 4. That update is dated September 22 - no timestamp though.

Upon further research on the above Scotland will INCREASE (for now) the restrictions. Green and amber will merge with amber being the remaining category. Pre arrival test will still be required, day 2 and day 8 PCR still required. So not in line with england.
https://www.gov.scot/news/international ... implified/
simplified yes - relaxed?? someone change the definition? A few countries going from red to amber must qualify to allow relaxed to be used.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

jetblue497 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:21 pm

My point was yesterday (21st) the proposed US entry requirements were fully vaccinated with a negative antigen test. Scotland was fully vaccinated with a negative antigen test to board. 2 PCR tests - day 2 and day 8 - MUST be booked and paid for prior to arrival. Not close to similar. On checking the SG web site they are stating that the restrictions will fall in line with those revealed by england last week effective on October 4. That update is dated September 22 - no timestamp though.

Upon further research on the above Scotland will INCREASE (for now) the restrictions. Green and amber will merge with amber being the remaining category. Pre arrival test will still be required, day 2 and day 8 PCR still required. So not in line with england.
simplified yes - relaxed?? someone change the definition? A few countries going from red to amber must qualify to allow relaxed to be used.
The SG said last week that they had to have time to examine the implications of a reduction the quality of testing for travellers before blindly following the government of another country. Most of us wouldn’t have it any other way since the responsibility is their’s.

We expect an further announcement in the next day or two.

Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Clive wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:24 pm
jetblue497 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:21 pm

The SG said last week that they had to have time to examine the implications of a reduction the quality of testing for travellers before blindly following the government of another country. Most of us wouldn’t have it any other way since the responsibility is their’s.

We expect an further announcement in the next day or two.
And here it is. :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58681116

I’ll also post it in the Coronavirus thread where this discussion belongs.

bill

Post by bill »

Yes please gents.It's a thread about Icelandair afterall. :D
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Looks like the route is going back to year round in 2022, flights available up to December 1st (this is as far as you can book any FI flight regardless of route), appears to be operated by Boeing 737 Max 9 aircraft on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.