Icelandair

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

viscount

Re: Icelandair

Post by viscount »

How does the 739 max compare to the 752 and a321 for seating
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

viscount wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:41 pm How does the 739 max compare to the 752 and a321 for seating
SeatGuru doesn't have a specific Max 9 seat layout but the FI 752's has between 171 and 183 seats.

For context United Max 9's have 179 seats in a 3 class layout, so a figure roughly in that area I would suggest for FI.
For context with A321's Aer Lingus have 184 seats in a 2 class layout on their trans-Atlantic narrow body fleet.

So looking at it, doesn't look like a massive drop in capacity, and could depending on specific layout actually have more capacity.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Max 8 is 160 seats, Max 9 has 178 seats
bill

Post by bill »

Bearsden wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:22 pm It looks as if Icelandair are suspending KEF-GLA-KEF at the end of the month
What I don't understand though is,It looks as though they are still operating most of their other European op's.
viscount

Post by viscount »

It maybe competition from easy jet at EDI to KEF they fly twice a week.
Fares starting at £23.00.
During January February I would presume traffic would be low.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

bill wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:06 pm
Bearsden wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:22 pm It looks as if Icelandair are suspending KEF-GLA-KEF at the end of the month
What I don't understand though is,It looks as though they are still operating most of their other European op's.
It was suspended owing to a high number number of cancellations from parties aiming to onward travel to the USA who then couldn't owing to a prolonged border closure to non US citizens. But you are correct thst many other European routes continue. Maybe this highlights a weakness in their network ?
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Allen McL wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:30 am
It was suspended owing to a high number number of cancellations from parties aiming to onward travel to the USA who then couldn't owing to a prolonged border closure to non US citizens. But you are correct thst many other European routes continue. Maybe this highlights a weakness in their network ?
I think Icelandair were maybe being overly cautious because of Scottish Govt travel rules, SG still have warning against Intl Travel which probably affected bookings compared to LHR and MAN
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:15 pm

I think Icelandair were maybe being overly cautious because of Scottish Govt travel rules, SG still have warning against Intl Travel which probably affected bookings compared to LHR and MAN
Or FI have realised GLA is a dead duck like the other carriers who have moved ops to EDI.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

egpffqtv wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:49 pm

Or FI have realised GLA is a dead duck like the other carriers who have moved ops to EDI.
Why bother commenting on this forum ?? Childish attitude
Last edited by Ekally1 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

egpffqtv wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:49 pm

Hilarious. :roll:
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.