Air Transat

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

GeorgeNTravels

Re: Air Transat

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

PiperOne wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:41 am
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:30 pm Porter to add PD flight numbers to Air Transat flights on the GLA-YYZ route.

From YYZ Porter operate flights to: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa & Vancouver

This opens up more 1 stop connections to Canadian cities not served directly from Scotland and means that Air Transat becomes a more attractive option for connecting travellers.
that's a useful add-on for TS transatiantic, and also PD's expanding domestic offering, as they take deliveries of more E295s.
PD just announced today 4 new routes from YYZ to Winnipeg, St John’s, Victoria and Kelowna.

I was in Kelowna less than 2 weeks ago and can recommend it.
Ken1

Post by Ken1 »

I flew out of EDI yesterday, 7 July, interestingly there was no “ daily” AC 787 in either direction. Anyone know what’s happened to it, have AC over stretched at EDI?

Also looking at recent GLA Air Transat flights, disappointingly most have been A321 and not A330, even with the school holidays beginning. Has the central belt reached saturation with the number of Toronto flights?

As a kid living near PIK, there used to be up to c28 flight pw to Toronto with most passengers VFR. Upto 2x daily BA VC-10, 5 pw AC DC-8-63, Wardair 2pw 707, CP air 3pw DC-8-63, Laker 1pw DC-10, plus usual one of smaller carriers e.g. Ontario air 1pw DC-8-63
Planeenthusiast

Post by Planeenthusiast »

Ken1 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:44 pm I flew out of EDI yesterday, 7 July, interestingly there was no “ daily” AC 787 in either direction. Anyone know what’s happened to it, have AC over stretched at EDI?

Also looking at recent GLA Air Transat flights, disappointingly most have been A321 and not A330, even with the school holidays beginning. Has the central belt reached saturation with the number of Toronto flights?

As a kid living near PIK, there used to be up to c28 flight pw to Toronto with most passengers VFR. Upto 2x daily BA VC-10, 5 pw AC DC-8-63, Wardair 2pw 707, CP air 3pw DC-8-63, Laker 1pw DC-10, plus usual one of smaller carriers e.g. Ontario air 1pw DC-8-63
Flight was cancelled on Thursday afternoon. Reason given on Air Canada website was “operational reasons”. They have been operating daily.
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

Air Canada are clearly at the wrong Scottish Airport but anyway, back to GLA...
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

I clearly misunderstood the whole GLA news element of this part of the forum, surely that means no other airports being mentioned
bill

Post by bill »

They can be referenced John, e.g "we have 0 flights but XYZ has 50 per week".100% dedicated posts to XYZ are not allowed though and will be deleted.
Hope that helps? :D
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

From here on I'm going to refer to EDI as Glasgow East Airport given the airport wouldn't be handling a fraction of its current passenger volume if it wasn't for people travelling to and from Glasgow and the west being forced to use the place due to lack of choice and availability from GLA and the fact that EDI management have intentionally targeted Glasgow passengers as they know Edinburgh alone couldn't sustain their network. Glasgow East Airport with IATA code GST.

(I realise GST is an airport in Alaska yes :lol:)
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

FlyGLA wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:37 am From here on I'm going to refer to EDI as Glasgow East Airport given the airport wouldn't be handling a fraction of its current passenger volume if it wasn't for people travelling to and from Glasgow and the west being forced to use the place due to lack of choice and availability from GLA and the fact that EDI management have intentionally targeted Glasgow passengers as they know Edinburgh alone couldn't sustain their network. Glasgow East Airport with IATA code GST.

(I realise GST is an airport in Alaska yes :lol:)
Maybe better in a different forum. We prefer quality discussion in here and a laser focus on GLA.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.