Air Transat

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Bearsden

Air Transat

Post by Bearsden »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-59682810

So GLA get the message across about the first scheduled flight to North America today . . . . then immediately after Derek Provan's quote in comes two sentences about next year's restart of EDI to USA services

A knowledgeable BBC journalist filling out the story or a word in the ear from EDI?
Allen McL

Re: Air Transat

Post by Allen McL »

Well it's not BBC-GLA so probably "filling out the story" to give it a national relevance.These stories are generally constructed from press releases sent out along the wires. If anything it's probably fair to say EDI has a more proactive press/media department. Something GLA has historically been poor at by comparison.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Anyway, nice to see Air Transat and direct flights to Canada back up and running from GLA.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Clive wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:21 am Anyway, nice to see Air Transat and direct flights to Canada back up and running from GLA.
You'll need to get up awful early to "see' them. :shock:
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:11 am
Clive wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:21 am Anyway, nice to see Air Transat and direct flights to Canada back up and running from GLA.
No problemo. I’m out the house at 05:50 every working day and zooming past GLA just before 07:00.

Best time of the day! 🤪

Swiftly back on topic, I noticed just then when I checked the timings that a round trip in January is from only £349. Food for thought what with my new Canadian passport and all. 🇨🇦
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Best part is if all goes to plan then the A330 makes a return on May 4th
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Clive wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:48 am
Allen McL wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:11 am
No problemo. I’m out the house at 05:50 every working day and zooming past GLA just before 07:00.

Best time of the day! 🤪

Swiftly back on topic, I noticed just then when I checked the timings that a round trip in January is from only £349. Food for thought what with my new Canadian passport and all. 🇨🇦
Toronto always worth a visit, great town.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Porter to add PD flight numbers to Air Transat flights on the GLA-YYZ route.

From YYZ Porter operate flights to: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa & Vancouver

This opens up more 1 stop connections to Canadian cities not served directly from Scotland and means that Air Transat becomes a more attractive option for connecting travellers.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:30 pm Porter to add PD flight numbers to Air Transat flights on the GLA-YYZ route.

From YYZ Porter operate flights to: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa & Vancouver

This opens up more 1 stop connections to Canadian cities not served directly from Scotland and means that Air Transat becomes a more attractive option for connecting travellers.
that's a useful add-on for TS transatiantic, and also PD's expanding domestic offering, as they take deliveries of more E295s.
Trekkie101

Post by Trekkie101 »

Definitely good to see wider access to Canadian destinations - most of which seem to be picking up in popularity.