Could United be returning??

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

bill

Re: Could United be returning??

Post by bill »

So, in answer to the op's original post...no!?
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Planeenthusiast wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:51 pm Both Newark - Edinburgh flights this evening are booked full. It would appear UA decision to go double daily at EDI is justified.
Ooh. I. Am. So. Happy. To. Hear, That

How much are Visit Scotland paying you?
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Planeenthusiast wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:51 pm Both Newark - Edinburgh flights this evening are booked full. It would appear UA decision to go double daily at EDI is justified.
If the logic that Americans don't care where they fly as Scotland is so small I have no doubt a GLA service would be full tonight if it was still one to each airport. Can't have it both ways
bill

Post by bill »

You do know this is the EGPF forum and not EGPH? All your posts since you joined are about EDI.I'll move all your posts to the EDI thread.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Planeenthusiast wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:54 pm
bill wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:39 pm
You do know this is the EGPF forum and not EGPH? All your posts since you joined are about EDI.I'll move all your posts to the EDI thread.
Comments posted were in response to others commenting on previous Glasgow UA flight number and subsequent increase at EDI. I didn’t create this thread. The main discussion point was Glasgow related. Therefore, It would appear you may have to move lots more comments to the Edinburgh thread….

A word to the wise: Moderator’s decisions are not up for debate.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Planeenthusiast

Post by Planeenthusiast »

United 321XLR

Could this be what’s to come fairly soon from United? Edinburgh AND Glasgow referenced as possible destinations.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ness-class
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

United are rumoured to be announcing some 'new' routes to the UK shortly. Can't imagine there are any new destinations in the pipeline for LHR, pehaps a return to LGW? Only other possiblity IMO would be return of MAN or GLA. Routes like DEN or IAH from EDI seem a little far fetched.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Heard its MAN but I will be happy to be proved incorrect
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Yeah, imagine it will be MAN as well. When do the A321XLRs enter service? GLA will probably be re-added when they have a few of those
kmea

Post by kmea »

https://upgradedpoints.com/news/united- ... aris-seat/

This article points to 2024 being the year that the initial A321XLRs are rolled out, with a GLA route mentioned by what seems (from the job title) someone fairly senior within United.