Could United be returning??

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

Could United be returning??

Post by awwdabaaby »

An advert on the UK portal of Uniteds website shows

Fly to 230 US destinations from Heathrow, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

I might be an old advert resurfacing but could we be about to see a return?
Gla1

Re: Could United be returning??

Post by Gla1 »

Really hoping so but don’t want to get hopes up!
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Glasgow is on sale, using LH via FRA and Emerald via Dublin. Any time I've looked at it, the FRA option is usually cheaper, but has longer journey times. However, DUB with pre-clearance is an attractive option.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

PiperOne wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:11 pm Glasgow is on sale, using LH via FRA and Emerald via Dublin. Any time I've looked at it, the FRA option is usually cheaper, but has longer journey times. However, DUB with pre-clearance is an attractive option.
Yeah but that wouldn’t follow the wording of the advert because BHX, BFS, NCL, LPL, etc are not mentioned.

Fingers crossed but I suspect it’s just an old advert.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
viscount

Post by viscount »

Rumours on the EDI forum that United is putting on a second EWR flight starting on the 25th of may using the old GLA flight no.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Clive wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:39 pm
PiperOne wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:11 pm Glasgow is on sale, using LH via FRA and Emerald via Dublin. Any time I've looked at it, the FRA option is usually cheaper, but has longer journey times. However, DUB with pre-clearance is an attractive option.
Yeah but that wouldn’t follow the wording of the advert because BHX, BFS, NCL, LPL, etc are not mentioned.

Fingers crossed but I suspect it’s just an old advert.
Had a look at the UA website, and the pop-up ad does say "fly NONSTOP to the USA" from London, Manchester, Edinburgh, and Glasgow. However, clicking through to look at options, and GLA/MAN only showing flights with a connection, so it does look like something which has not been updated post-pandemic.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

MAN was also dropped post-Covid, I very much suspect it hasn't been updated. However, this is on the UK homepage of their website so it's pretty poor from United if true.
McG

Post by McG »

When EDI was restarted by UA, they said it would be 2024 before GLA & MAN were restarted.

Is the strong $ v £ causing UA to rethink their plans?
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

McG wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:43 pm When EDI was restarted by UA, they said it would be 2024 before GLA & MAN were restarted.

Is the strong $ v £ causing UA to rethink their plans?
No suitable aircraft till 2025 (was 2024 but the broken record - "supply chain issues" - is still in play). Maybe the domestic 21Ns with lie flat seats will free up a few 757s - they should appear this year.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

southflyer wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:12 pm MAN was also dropped post-Covid, I very much suspect it hasn't been updated. However, this is on the UK homepage of their website so it's pretty poor from United if true.
The person/people responsible for looking after that section of the website were probably made redundant due to Covid so UA probably don’t know there are out of date ads if this is the case.