EZY GLA-SOU

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

egpffqtv

EZY GLA-SOU

Post by egpffqtv »

Taking on LM ..twice a week

At least AGS are giving business to each others airports :lol:

https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/16 ... 9597470722

NEW ROUTE

easyJet - Glasgow to Southampton. Flights start 2 November 2023

EZY409 GLA 0825-0925 SOU (Sat)
EZY409 GLA 1600-1720 SOU (Thu)

EZY410 SOU 0955-1120 GLA (Sat)
EZY410 SOU 1750-1915 GLA (Thu)
buddyboy

Re: EZY GLA-SOU

Post by buddyboy »

If you pardon my french, just absolute pish. Drop Euro cities and give us Southampton on a completely pointless frequency. Clueless.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

buddyboy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:47 pm If you pardon my french, just absolute pish. Drop Euro cities and give us Southampton on a completely pointless frequency. Clueless.
:lol: :lol:
Ken1

Post by Ken1 »

Who’s going to use those flights? What stupid timings, maybe Thursday eve down Sunday eve back! As per other comments, pish and a waist of time. You need more frequency for domestic services. This won’t be flying come 2024.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Seems a daft one if you ask me! Might aswell have been used for more BHX rotations. I wouldn’t imagine Loganair have alot to worry about here but it does seem like they’ve lost their minds there.
Iain

Post by Iain »

On the face of it these very low frequency domestic flights do seem a bit weird. However, this flight perhaps isn't meant to compete with LM so much and instead it's maybe meant to compete with FR EDI-BOH.

Funilly enough I saw a tweet the other day where somebody mentioned they travel regularly between SOU and Glasgow and they said the LM service was way too expensive and instead there were using FR EDI-BOH.

Additionally LM fares are very high and there is probably a section of leisure demand on this route that LM don't serve because these pax are not willing to pay £200+rtn. One example might be people traveling to SOU to connect with cruises.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Good point it could be very good for those wanting to connect onto cruises!
Iain

Post by Iain »

Seems like LM aren't very happy about this!

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/jonathan ... er_desktop
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

I appreciate during the pandemic Easyjet were scrambling about desperately trying to turn a profit in markets to which they could fly!

Fast forward to now though and to me seems there are better options out there to pursue… can’t help but feel under Carolyn McCall this would ever have happened. Johan seems to be taking easyjet down a strange road… easyjet holidays i’m sure will prevail but they seem to be taking their eye off the ball with the low cost airline side.

I don’t doubt Jonathon is right and this will not last!

Easyjet are integral to GLA so we don’t want to see mistakes like this.
bill

Post by bill »

buddyboy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:47 pm If you pardon my french, just absolute pish. Drop Euro cities and give us Southampton on a completely pointless frequency. Clueless.
Your French is indeed pardoned mate. It's the Anglo-Saxon language that get's us into trouble. :lol:
Oh, and what a pile of crap from EZY. SOU twice weekly ffs. :x