PLAY

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

viscount

Re: PLAY

Post by viscount »

Tbh Iceland air has been loyal to Scotland first Largs with seaplanes then PIK Renfrew Then Gla
I would rather pay the extra and support them for their loyalty than support another low cost who I believe will not be around for very long like the others who came and went before them.
It not about no of flight, but quality and reliable airlines who are going to stay like BA EK KL ect.
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

viscount wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:36 am Where is EDI going to park them airlines are already waiting up to a hour on the taxiway for a gate plus the route is well covered with
Iceland air and easy jet I don’t think they will last at EDI maybe they should try PiK.
There are a number of remote stands which lo-co carriers are more likely to use or be forced to use.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Sharpal7 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:21 pm
viscount wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:36 am Where is EDI going to park them airlines are already waiting up to a hour on the taxiway for a gate plus the route is well covered with
Iceland air and easy jet I don’t think they will last at EDI maybe they should try PiK.
There are a number of remote stands which lo-co carriers are more likely to use or be forced to use.
And?

This is a GLA forum, go elsewhere if you want to discuss the other airport
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

awwdabaaby wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:42 pm
Sharpal7 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:21 pm
And?

This is a GLA forum, go elsewhere if you want to discuss the other airport
Indeed. I thought we made it clear that this forum isn’t for discussing the minutiae of airfield ops or spotters’ speculation at that airport.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

bill wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:31 pm
Planeenthusiast wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:45 pm

An updated S24 ACL reports that Play have been allocated slots for a daily service from EDI. It would appear that they may be intending to move along the M8.
And pitch-up directly against EZY with almost the same product and almost identical aircraft? That will be a race to the bottom imho.
PLAY offer connections, easyJet are only point-to-point.
bill

Post by bill »

southflyer wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:59 pm

PLAY offer connections, easyJet are only point-to-point.
Indeed they do, had forgotten about that. :oops:
will1983

Post by will1983 »

I see Play has disappeared from the GLA website and Plays website assumed not to be returning for S24?
atuk

Post by atuk »

will1983 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:49 pm I see Play has disappeared from the GLA website and Plays website assumed not to be returning for S24?
WOW mark 2?