PLAY

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Bearsden

PLAY

Post by Bearsden »

New airline, new route . . . and GLA can't even get the logo onto its online Arrivals and Departures board
Ekally1

Re: PLAY

Post by Ekally1 »

Let's just look at the fact we have a new airline and celebrate that instead of looking at non important details which I am sure will be corrected
Iain

Post by Iain »

GLA have managed to get a video of the first flight up on twitter:

https://twitter.com/GLA_Airport/status/ ... Hdiyg&s=19
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Ekally1 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:55 pm Let's just look at the fact we have a new airline and celebrate that instead of looking at non important details which I am sure will be corrected
I want GLA marketing to be 100% with every aspect of a new airline / route launch

I noticed a headline in The Herald 'Scottish airport thrilled by new route win' hoping that it was PLAY but no it was Delta's Edinburgh to Atlanta route with Gordon Dewar's quote including " . . . . As Scotland’s airport, we want to tell the country’s story to the world, . . . "

Jet 2's new route from Glasgow to Girona starting on Sunday gets a mention in The Herald but not PLAY
bill

Post by bill »

Bearsden wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:51 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:55 pm Let's just look at the fact we have a new airline and celebrate that instead of looking at non important details which I am sure will be corrected
I want GLA marketing to be 100% with every aspect of a new airline / route launch
I noticed a headline in The Herald 'Scottish airport thrilled by new route win' hoping that it was PLAY but no it was Delta's Edinburgh to Atlanta route with Gordon Dewar's quote including " . . . . As Scotland’s airport, we want to tell the country’s story to the world, . . . "

Jet 2's new route from Glasgow to Girona starting on Sunday gets a mention in The Herald but not PLAY
100% this. Marketing need to be spot-on with every new route/airline.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:51 pm

I’m looking forward to a GLA thread that doesn’t mention Turnhoose. Hell will probably freeze over sooner.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Play going gunhoe on the radio ...
Ken1

Post by Ken1 »

Frustrating to see Icelandair utilising the 767 on same days as Play flights, whilst a stunning ac to see at GLA, why don’t they upgrade their service every day to this ,instead of trying to kill off Play? In my mind it indicates FI could have been offering a much better service for GLA in the past.☹️
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Ken1 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:38 pm Frustrating to see Icelandair utilising the 767 on same days as Play flights, whilst a stunning ac to see at GLA, why don’t they upgrade their service every day to this ,instead of trying to kill off Play? In my mind it indicates FI could have been offering a much better service for GLA in the past.☹️
I suspect just a fleet utilisation issue - today's flight is planned to be Fly2Sky A321 LZ-MDL
will1983

Post by will1983 »

Route drops to 2 x weekly from July.