EZY S24

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

GeorgeNTravels

Re: EZY S24

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

southflyer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:05 am Good news indeed. Would be nice to see some more city routes rather than more bucket and spade, the return of VCE/MXP plus CPH, MAD and MUC would be top of the list.
Definitely, easyJet said Italy is one of the top 10 countries people want to visit so VCE and MXP would certainly work.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:51 pm
southflyer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:05 am Good news indeed. Would be nice to see some more city routes rather than more bucket and spade, the return of VCE/MXP plus CPH, MAD and MUC would be top of the list.
Definitely, easyJet said Italy is one of the top 10 countries people want to visit so VCE and MXP would certainly work.
Bearing in mind both have been tried before and chopped, so for the moment their GLA offering is very much on domestics and beaches.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

PiperOne wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:07 pm
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:51 pm
Bearing in mind both have been tried before and chopped, so for the moment their GLA offering is very much on domestics and beaches.
True, but looking at the numbers on those routes they weren't awful. Venice was always going to fail in 2022 when they took out peak summer to operate Chania.

With market changes since the pandemic they may well work this time.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

I don't recall pax figures on MXP and VCE being awful, MXP was increased before being chopped IIRC. What I do remember is that the fares were rock bottom, presumably because the offering ex EDI was far better in terms of days of travel and frequency.

It still baffles me that a metro area the size of Milan, not to mention serving the Italian lakes and mountains, is unserved from GLA.
Iain

Post by Iain »

southflyer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:27 am I don't recall pax figures on MXP and VCE being awful, MXP was increased before being chopped IIRC. What I do remember is that the fares were rock bottom, presumably because the offering ex EDI was far better in terms of days of travel and frequency.
Iirc many of the flights arrived so late into MXP it was after the last public transport dep into Milan. I think at one pont the days of operation were also Th/Sa, which is unusual and doesn't suit weekend breaks.

It's predictably that with a much nighters frequency and better timed offering at EDI it would struggle.

Interestingly though, at EDI it does appear that FR to BGY seems to have overtaken EZY to MXP.
It still baffles me that a metro area the size of Milan, not to mention serving the Italian lakes and mountains, is unserved from GLA.
Exactly! - especially when we see that other airports like NCL, BFS, LPL and EMA have service.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

southflyer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:27 am I don't recall pax figures on MXP and VCE being awful, MXP was increased before being chopped IIRC. What I do remember is that the fares were rock bottom, presumably because the offering ex EDI was far better in terms of days of travel and frequency.

I didn't say they were awful.

I said "weren't awful"
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Apologies, misread.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

southflyer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:54 pm Apologies, misread.
No worries
will1983

Post by will1983 »

How does the number of rotations for S24 compare with S23 for EZY? Lots of away-based flying for S24 by the looks of it.
will1983

Post by will1983 »