EZY S24

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

FlyGLA

Re: EZY S24

Post by FlyGLA »

atuk wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:37 pm EDI fanboy dribble
That's great. Now back to easyJet at GLA...
Last edited by FlyGLA on Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Rant incoming!

If I start a post, do not mention any other airport in comments, this was posted in GLA news so why others need to mention other I do not know.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Agree with the last two posts. Off topic post deleted and posts like that will always be deleted henceforth.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Some extreme pettiness on these forums nowadays...
Paris

Post by Paris »

GKirk wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:30 am Some extreme pettiness on these forums nowadays...
Yup, soon be time to pop off. Or be popped off … Whatever comes 1st 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

It would appear EZY have made the first move. Thanks to a heads up, Bordeaux and Berlin see additional rotations in S24, so I got my detective cap on and started and updated schedule after the last one a few weeks back.

From 30th June (at present) EZY will have 6 departures on a sunday (i've only just started the update) SPU, AGP, BHX, BCN, CDG & CHQ, meaning aircraft 6 is due.

Fingers crossed for some new routes too

Detective Baaby is back!!
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

awwdabaaby wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:38 pm It would appear EZY have made the first move. Thanks to a heads up, Bordeaux and Berlin see additional rotations in S24, so I got my detective cap on and started and updated schedule after the last one a few weeks back.

From 30th June (at present) EZY will have 6 departures on a sunday (i've only just started the update) SPU, AGP, BHX, BCN, CDG & CHQ, meaning aircraft 6 is due.

Fingers crossed for some new routes too

Detective Baaby is back!!
Sounds good. Should be room for a couple of new routes if this is the case, alongside some frequency increases. One based aircraft can do up to 21 rotations per week depending on sector lengths.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Aerecosse

Post by Aerecosse »

FlyGLA wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:48 pm Thanks for the update.

Good to see the 5th aircraft return but I can't help feel it's not enough. EZY clearly see more opportunities from GLA than their current fleet can cater for and as a result we end up with a schedule that is all over the place. Trying to do too much with too little.

Routes that should be served year-round are seasonal (GVA, TFS, LPA), routes that need multi-daily flights are flown just once or in some cases just two or three times per week (BHD, BHX, SOU) and other routes are just all over the place (BRS) where one day there are 6 flights but the next day there is only one flight, I don't believe for a moment demand fluctuates anywhere near to that extent.

Annoyingly and predictably EZY chased Transavia and Vueling off the Paris routes and now they're back to being the sole carrier they're cutting back to their original schedule.
Agree re 1-3 day rotation options with BFS, SOU & BHX. Met my sister on Friday for a 1 day event at the NEC in BHX... her original early flight was cancelled and moved to a flight arriving at 10.40.... I was sitting plance spotting for 2.5 hours as flying in from DUB. Her eveing flight home was cancelled and tsf'd to a flight departing at 3 something in the afternoon.... meaning she would effectively had 2 hours at the event by the time she got to & had to be back... contacted Easy and told she could tsf to later flight back to you know where... £200 to change her tkt - because change of flight was less than 3 hours.. she booked a one way for £23.... but even she, who isn't into planes was giving out about the schedules
Flown: BA, BD, BE, BY, DA, AMM, MT, XL, JN, EI, FR, LH, JK, BV, NW, HP, US, CO, AC, DL, QF, AN, NZ, TN, RAR, MH, CX, FM, SA, EK, EY
Iain

Post by Iain »

Would be a good result, fingers crossed!

SeanM1997 on twitter was speculating yesterday (on the basis of slot requests) that LM may be about to challenge EZY with high freq flights on former BE routes. I wonder if they might be considering GLA-BHX, given EZY's poor frequencies and timings on that route which undermine their usefulness for biz pax in particular.

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/17 ... rcSzg&s=19
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

I'm working on the update, may take a day or two.

These are current updates

BOD has an additional rotation on a Wed (BOD aircraft)
BER has an additional rotation on Wed taking it to 4 before dropping to two for high season
BHD will operate daily high season
LIS will now begin in April instead of June meaning the service is year-round
ALC will see additional service (haven't checked all days yet) which will be ALC based
Oporto will see 2 flights on a Monday and Friday, one GLA based and one OPO based (this could change)

We will have 4xA320s and 2xA319s from end of April it would appear, so it would appear routes are due to be announced in due course

Detective baaby is on the case