EZY S24

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

GeorgeNTravels

Re: EZY S24

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Clive wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:57 pm
PiperOne wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:36 pm 6 based aircraft is a very welcome expansion, especially having only added number 5 last year.
Yes and it’s a decent expansion, primarily driven by easyJet Holidays.
The 4th new based aircraft announced for S24, certainly will boost pax numbers.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Great to see aircraft number 6, it’s been a long time coming!

Not sure I could have predicted the likes or Hurghada or Enfidha would have been their destinations of choice but it’s good to see rather than more Turkey or Greece. Perhaps limiting the direct competition with Jet2? Alongside other neiche routes.

I’m sure Loganair will be thoroughly ragging to see SOU is going daily in the summer next year. One of their most profitable route (only guessing here) about to take a very big hit.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Good news indeed. Would be nice to see some more city routes rather than more bucket and spade, the return of VCE/MXP plus CPH, MAD and MUC would be top of the list.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:05 am Good news indeed. Would be nice to see some more city routes rather than more bucket and spade, the return of VCE/MXP plus CPH, MAD and MUC would be top of the list.
Same but this is about the company expanding easyJet Holidays.

Top of my list for easyJet city routes would be MAD, CPH and year round GVA because they would have some of the highest demand by my calculations.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

New flight times to ALC are horrendous, 20 of us looking to transfer our flights elsewhere now
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

southflyer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:05 am Good news indeed. Would be nice to see some more city routes rather than more bucket and spade, the return of VCE/MXP plus CPH, MAD and MUC would be top of the list.
Agreed

In 2022 the overall Central Scotland traffic to/from was
BCN 242,000
CPH 180,000
GVA 172,000
MAD 148,000
MXP/BGY 134,000
OSL 108,000

The total above is just under 1 million - as we all know GLA's share on some routes was Nil (CPH, MXP/BGY, OSL), only BCN recorded anything significant at 13%
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

GKirk wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:28 am New flight times to ALC are horrendous, 20 of us looking to transfer our flights elsewhere now
To Reus instead, lol?

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:34 am
Agreed

In 2022 the overall Central Scotland traffic to/from was
BCN 242,000
CPH 180,000
GVA 172,000
MAD 148,000
MXP/BGY 134,000
OSL 108,000

The total above is just under 1 million - as we all know GLA's share on some routes was Nil (CPH, MXP/BGY, OSL), only BCN recorded anything significant at 13%

Yes, see the 3 that I said are in there. A clear opportunities for a budget airline on any and all of these routes. It would have to be a budget airline to capture the proper market share, of course.

southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Clive wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:18 am

Top of my list for easyJet city routes would be MAD, CPH and year round GVA because they would have some of the highest demand by my calculations.
Correct but it would be nice to see a balance going forward rather than becoming the new Thomas Cook. I struggle to get excited about another new package holiday destination.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:27 pm
Clive wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:18 am

Correct but it would be nice to see a balance going forward rather than becoming the new Thomas Cook. I struggle to get excited about another new package holiday destination.
The tour operations company are expanding their offering. They are planning to be among the biggest in their trade. easyJet Holidays will have made arrangements with hotels and transport in each destination and be looking forward to making a fortune selling the packages. I’d rather GLA be in the loop than outside if it like we usually are but I too would have been more excited if it was 2-way city flights like the MAD, CPH and GVA that I mentioned. Hopefully Ryanair will cover the first 2 when they set up their base here.