EZY S24

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

EZY S24

Post by awwdabaaby »

Easyjet have put Spring 24 on sale, it will take me time to do the schedule due to personal issues and uni but here is a rough guide

Firstly, we are back to 5 based aircraft

ALC - Daily
AMS - 6xweekly
BCN - 4xweekly
BHD - 3xweekly
BFS - ranges from 2-5 daily
BER - 3xweekly
BHX - ranges from 1-3 daily
BRS - ranges from 1-6 daily
DLM - 2xweekly
FAO - 3xweekly
JER - 5xweekly
KGS - 2xweekly
LIS - probably 2xweekly (only 1st June on sale at mo)
LGW - ranges from 2-6 daily
LTN - ranges from 2-3 daily
STN - ranges from 2-3 daily
PMI - 3xweekly
AGP - 6xweekly
CDG - 8xweekly
OPO - 2xweekly
SPU - 2xweekly
FlyGLA

Re: EZY S24

Post by FlyGLA »

Thanks for the update.

Good to see the 5th aircraft return but I can't help feel it's not enough. EZY clearly see more opportunities from GLA than their current fleet can cater for and as a result we end up with a schedule that is all over the place. Trying to do too much with too little.

Routes that should be served year-round are seasonal (GVA, TFS, LPA), routes that need multi-daily flights are flown just once or in some cases just two or three times per week (BHD, BHX, SOU) and other routes are just all over the place (BRS) where one day there are 6 flights but the next day there is only one flight, I don't believe for a moment demand fluctuates anywhere near to that extent.

Annoyingly and predictably EZY chased Transavia and Vueling off the Paris routes and now they're back to being the sole carrier they're cutting back to their original schedule.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

FlyGLA wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:48 pm Thanks for the update.

Good to see the 5th aircraft return but I can't help feel it's not enough. EZY clearly see more opportunities from GLA than their current fleet can cater for and as a result we end up with a schedule that is all over the place. Trying to do too much with too little.

Routes that should be served year-round are seasonal (GVA, TFS, LPA), routes that need multi-daily flights are flown just once or in some cases just two or three times per week (BHD, BHX, SOU) and other routes are just all over the place (BRS) where one day there are 6 flights but the next day there is only one flight, I don't believe for a moment demand fluctuates anywhere near to that extent.

Annoyingly and predictably EZY chased Transavia and Vueling off the Paris routes and now they're back to being the sole carrier they're cutting back to their original schedule.
BRS is only one flight on a Saturday (has been this for some time) - Thursday is driven by a lot of engineering companies running either four day week or nine day fortnight or flexi time
Paris

Post by Paris »

Booked EasyJet today GLA - TFS - GLA 17th - 24th Feb. Thought basics price was excellent @ £154.00 return, although I ended up booking Speedy and all the add ons that go with it @ £221.00 return.
Iain

Post by Iain »

FlyGLA wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:48 pm
I just looked at CDG for random dates in May and it appears it's 12x weekly - Double daily Monday to Friday and one flight per day on Saturdays and Sundays. I guess it may go down to 8 weekly in peak season (as I think it's doing this year), but I don't think Jul/Aug next year are bookable yet.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Iain wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:02 pm
I just looked at CDG for random dates in May and it appears it's 12x weekly - Double daily Monday to Friday and one flight per day on Saturdays and Sundays. I guess it may go down to 8 weekly in peak season (as I think it's doing this year), but I don't think Jul/Aug next year are bookable yet.
I had checked mid-may but it appears double starts 20th May
Iain

Post by Iain »

It seems all over the place - I'm seeing 12x weekly in March (inc 3x daily on Thursdays!), then down to 8x weekly through Apr, then it appears back up to 12xwekly from May.

Perhaps theyre doing it so they can operate extra beach flights over Easter school holidays?

Either way, it arguably gives an annoying, inconsistent schedule that would probably be better with an extra aircraft.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

When did they increase it in response to Transavia and Vueling? IMO those routes were never going to last and I said that at the time.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

southflyer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:23 am
When did they increase it in response to Transavia and Vueling? IMO those routes were never going to last and I said that at the time.
The added additional EJU capacity in September and October to flood the market with more cheap seats.

VY I will agree was doomed given the disastrous timing of their launch (French and UK travel rules were tightened almost immediately after) and then changing to Wed and Sat in the summer didn’t help them.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:40 am
southflyer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:23 am
The added additional EJU capacity in September and October to flood the market with more cheap seats.

VY I will agree was doomed given the disastrous timing of their launch (French and UK travel rules were tightened almost immediately after) and then changing to Wed and Sat in the summer didn’t help them.
The stark facts are GLA-CDG & ORY down 6% April 2023 v April 2022

The 'other airport' is showing a monthly increase to CDG & ORY greater than the total passenger volume through GLA