wizz air are back!!

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

wizz air are back!!

Post by awwdabaaby »

Bucharest and Budapest, replacing the one in the one in East!

Budapest starts 14th November
Bucharest starts 17th November
Ekally1

Re: wizz air are back!!

Post by Ekally1 »

Replacing glasgow east ... wonder if FR will respond .. they have a pattern of doing so
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Ekally1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:55 pm Replacing glasgow east ... wonder if FR will respond .. they have a pattern of doing so
Great news.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

DPNC96 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:05 pm Ditching EDI about landing fees according to this post

https://x.com/seanm1997/status/1709898595426525617?s=61
No mentions of other airports in my posts please
scotia84

Post by scotia84 »

We can only hope. Any additions are welcome at this point. Would like to think a Wizz base would give EZY the kick they need or FR.

TK starting and EK going double daily next please!
Skytrance

Post by Skytrance »

Something positive, let's hope they hang around for a while and get the routes back up, if memory serves did they not have 7 routes at one point into GLA?
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Skytrance wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:34 pm Something positive, let's hope they hang around for a while and get the routes back up, if memory serves did they not have 7 routes at one point into GLA?
8 it was, Warsaw, Gdansk, Budapest, Bucharest, Lublin, Vilnius, Poznan, Katowice
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

DPNC96 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:42 pm
awwdabaaby wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:37 pm
Skytrance wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:34 pm Something positive, let's hope they hang around for a while and get the routes back up, if memory serves did they not have 7 routes at one point into GLA?
8 it was, Warsaw, Gdansk, Budapest, Bucharest, Lublin, Vilnius, Poznan, Katowice
I thought we’re not allowed to mention other airports?

Confused.
Think he means don't mention EDI but obviously can talk about destinations
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

DPNC96 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:42 pm
awwdabaaby wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:37 pm
I thought we’re not allowed to mention other airports?

Confused.
Just the tiresome one. But back to GLA. Well done to the bosses for getting this over the line. Now the door’s open maybe there could be an opportunity for Wizz UK to base here and give Ryanair a shock.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Iain

Post by Iain »

Good piece of business. Wizz aren't the best in many ways, but beggars can't be choosers. They've talked about expansion plans in the UK, so it's good to have them at GLA (and not at EDI).

Having said that, they do seem pretty fickle, having jumped from PIK to GLA to EDI and back to GLA in the space of little over a decade! I might be imagining this, but did Wizz not at one point announce a 4 aircraft base at EDI, just before covid?

It will be interesting to see if there's anything to confirm the fees angle - but the question arises if GLA can offer Wizz more attractive terms than EDI, then why can't they do the same with FR?

Lastly, the BUD-GLA times still aren't great for city breaks, but at least they don't have an 0130 arrival in BUD like I think they used to.