Your flights 2024

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Your flights 2024

Post by Clive »

egpffqtv wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:59 pm
Clive wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:58 pm Change of plan. Wizz Air will have to wait until the summer.

Confirmed for travel in a couple of weeks

GLA-AGP Ryanair £26
Train Malaga-Madrid RENFE AVE £56
MAD-EDI £75
Thought you didn’t use EDI?

Apart from the fact there’s no MAD-GLA, was your decision price driven?
Yes very much so. I like to travel cheaply and often rather than expensively and rarely. The fact I have to be back in time for a gig I’m photographing on the Saturday evening put paid to my Wizz Air plans and also ruled out a return to Malaga for AGP-GLA. Sometimes the limited options mean it’s a second tier choice or not going away at all. But I’d urge everyone to check out GLA-OTP and BUD as the flights are ridiculously cheap while they last.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
hads

Post by hads »

Good choice. Madrid makes Barcelona look like Cumbernauld on a drizzly February morning.
Torremelinos though. I need to show you a bit further down the AP7
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

hads wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:14 pm Good choice. Madrid makes Barcelona look like Cumbernauld on a drizzly February morning.
Anytime. If the hacienda needs any DIY doing, I’m yer man. 🔨🔧
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
1-11

Post by 1-11 »

Just bagged a flight on a Lufthansa B. 787 I was not aware that they had the type. Return was on a 747-400, It's been a while since I've done a TR, so if I get some time...
Speedbird Julie

Post by Speedbird Julie »

So far this year:
ARN via LHR
RIX via LHR
OTP via LHR
Lots of LHR returns
Booked:
AUH via LHR (BA,J)
LAS via LHR and MIA (BA,F)
SCL via LHR and MAD (BA/IB,J)
DOH via LHR (BA,J)

Hoping to get GRU/GIG and something else that's different too, plus LHR trips
757lover

Post by 757lover »

1-11 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:08 pm Just bagged a flight on a Lufthansa B. 787 I was not aware that they had the type. Return was on a 747-400, It's been a while since I've done a TR, so if I get some time...
What route?
atuk

Post by atuk »

At last my August 50th anniversary flights all confirmed.

GLA-LGW-AGP part mirroring my flight to the very day on 120874 on a British Caledonian Airways 1-11 from GLA-LGW. Back then my onward flight was LGW-NCL on DA106 on a Comet 4. This time the onward flight is southbound, not northbound, to AGP on AO: British Airways Euroflyer, not Aviaco who originally held the AO IATA fight prefix.

Less than 24 hours in Malaga it is then KL to AMS then FRA on a combination of 73H and E90.

The return flights are BA from FRA via LHR to GLA two days later; a black armband day. Fifty years to the day when the brightest and largest holiday airline,Court Line perished in a sea of bankruptcy leaving thousands stranded abroad and many more losing their future holidays and deposit and balance payments already made. That said it is down to the pioneering work done by Court Line and their peers that we have the airline industry we enjoy today. So cue the bright colours, a sunny demeanour and looking forward to a better future in the industry we all enjoy and love.
McG

Post by McG »

Added some intra Asia flights to my HKG trip later this year.

Peach Aviation HKG-KIX
Asiana KIX-ICN
Cathay ICN-HKG
hads

Post by hads »

Clive wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:36 pm
hads wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:14 pm Good choice. Madrid makes Barcelona look like Cumbernauld on a drizzly February morning.
Anytime. If the hacienda needs any DIY doing, I’m yer man. 🔨🔧
Just arrived back today. New Kitchen in. The Tank Commander bought hunners of cushions and curtains. Its looking the business.
Ready for guests anytime you fancy. No tools required!
Took the AP 7 to Airport today. 5.25 euros. 38 minutes to Car Hire Drop off........