Your flights 2024

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

rjon

Re: Your flights 2024

Post by rjon »

Soon time to travel home from work, PUQ-SCL-AMS-GLA
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Tried out WIzz air and Bucharest last weekend flew out Friday and returned Monday. It has to be said the outward flight was horrendous timings but we got through it and could not complain with the price.

Was impressed with WIzz and their product tbh. Was an a321neo with a very modern interior but they are tight for legroom.

Flight home was early and went without a problem although wasn’t the best loading compared to the flight out. Can only hope these flights continue to do well and perhaps WIzz might even expand.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Gla1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:47 pm Tried out WIzz air and Bucharest last weekend flew out Friday and returned Monday. It has to be said the outward flight was horrendous timings but we got through it and could not complain with the price.

Was impressed with WIzz and their product tbh. Was an a321neo with a very modern interior but they are tight for legroom.

Flight home was early and went without a problem although wasn’t the best loading compared to the flight out. Can only hope these flights continue to do well and perhaps WIzz might even expand.
Thanks for that. I’m in the planning stage for maybe a long weekend whistle stop tour because Wizz Air flights are so cheap. Something like GLA-BUC BUC-MAD MAD-BUD BUD-GLA with around 24 hours in each city. That whole lot can be done for about £200.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Aerecosse

Post by Aerecosse »

Quick visit home FR - DUB - GLA - DUB 27/28 April. Flight back time changed from 23.00 to 23.45... complained as won't get home until around 3am now..... and up for work @ 7... tough luck pretty much sums up FR's reply... less than an hours change and you can pay £45 to change to an alternative + price change,if applicable. No thanks, can you show where this is in your T&C's.... sure..... ehh no we can't but it's company policy.....so I can't see this when I agree to book with you..... it's policy but i'll let our team know to update this...... :o
Flown: BA, BD, BE, BY, DA, AMM, MT, XL, JN, EI, FR, LH, JK, BV, NW, HP, US, CO, AC, DL, QF, AN, NZ, TN, RAR, MH, CX, FM, SA, EK, EY
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Clive wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:24 am
Gla1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:47 pm Tried out WIzz air and Bucharest last weekend flew out Friday and returned Monday. It has to be said the outward flight was horrendous timings but we got through it and could not complain with the price.

Thanks for that. I’m in the planning stage for maybe a long weekend whistle stop tour because Wizz Air flights are so cheap. Something like GLA-BUC BUC-MAD MAD-BUD BUD-GLA with around 24 hours in each city. That whole lot can be done for about £200.
Its BUH. Or OTP for the airport.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

egpffqtv wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:12 am
Clive wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:24 am

Its BUH. Or OTP for the airport.

Welcome back. 👌

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Change of plan. Wizz Air will have to wait until the summer.

Confirmed for travel in a couple of weeks

GLA-AGP Ryanair £26
Train Malaga-Madrid RENFE AVE £56
MAD-EDI £75

bill

Post by bill »

Clive wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:58 pm Change of plan. Wizz Air will have to wait until the summer.

GLA-AGP Ryanair £26
MAD-EDI £75
Wow! Terrific prices. How long you away for mate?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

bill wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:17 pm
Clive wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:58 pm Change of plan. Wizz Air will have to wait until the summer.

GLA-AGP Ryanair £26
MAD-EDI £75
Wow! Terrific prices. How long you away for mate?
Only 3 days. It’s a travel fest with one day on the beach in Torremolinos. Doing a photographic walking tour in Madrid with a local photographer. Fun to go on the high speed train too.

egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

GLA-AGP Ryanair £26
MAD-EDI £75
Thought you didn’t use EDI?

Apart from the fact there’s no MAD-GLA, was your decision price driven?