Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

AD1

Re: Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

Post by AD1 »

Personally, wouldn’t expect Wizz. But then again, the swap from EDI is obviously to make a statement and it is Wizz after all.
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:29 pm
buddyboy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:26 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:12 pm

Ohh yes I think there could be
Is this a feeling? Or some insider knowledge? :D
Let's say I am really confident :D
Still feeling confident?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Yes
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

:lol: I wish I had your confidence.
bill

Post by bill »

Right, I'm bumping this thread as over a week has gone by with nowt and we're into February tomorrow. Patience is wearing a bit thin now. :lol:
Darren10

Post by Darren10 »

bill wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:40 pm Right, I'm bumping this thread as over a week has gone by with nowt and we're into February tomorrow. Patience is wearing a bit thin now. :lol:
Bill, for gods sake you are killing me here! Every time I come onto the forum, I hope and pray that their is confirmation of a Ryanair base. It's like an unhealthy obsession :lol: :lol: . I vote that the next person (after me) to comment on this topic without the news I've been hoping for, should have to do a sentence!! :lol: :lol:
bill

Post by bill »

Darren10 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:51 pm
bill wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:40 pm Right, I'm bumping this thread as over a week has gone by with nowt and we're into February tomorrow. Patience is wearing a bit thin now. :lol:
Bill, for gods sake you are killing me here! Every time I come onto the forum, I hope and pray that their is confirmation of a Ryanair base. It's like an unhealthy obsession :lol: :lol: . I vote that the next person (after me) to comment on this topic without the news I've been hoping for, should have to do a sentence!! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Sorry Darren. If we apply your suggestion then this could very well be the last post in the thread. ;)
But seriously, I doubt you're alone in hoping for FR to announce something. I do still hold out hope for even some away based flying routes if we can't get a base but getting into February does seem rather late in the season, even for FR.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

bill wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:52 pm
Darren10 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:51 pm
:lol: :lol: Sorry Darren. If we apply your suggestion then this could very well be the last post in the thread. ;)
But seriously, I doubt you're alone in hoping for FR to announce something. I do still hold out hope for even some away based flying routes if we can't get a base but getting into February does seem rather late in the season, even for FR.
Howdy Darren and Bill. Ryanair announce new bases and new routes all year round so it’s never too late. Indeed they announced a 10-route Olbia base yesterday.

But for us I think an October start may be more likely. I think the hold up in releasing the S24 schedule - which is the same as usual- was while negotiations were going on about expansion. When S24 was released GLA launched some promo activity to highlight it. Reading between the lines I could feel that negotiation had been fruitful.

They are also recruiting “EDI based” crew for the location “Glasgow”. I think that will be further details on request because they are not going to say they are recruiting for a GLA base before it has been announced. To my mind an allegedly acquired crew room at GLA might be a satellite branch of the main admin Scottish HQ at EDI.

And we know that they applied for WAW slots to serve GLA. This hasn’t happened yet but a GLA base will surely enable it.

Finally we know that they have a new 5 year deal at PIK but this very much appears to be for static growth and may not be quite the bonanza PIK was hoping for. I hope the west of Scotland growth is instead planned for GLA and we did have Ronald Leitch revealing an expected surge in growth worth over a million pax.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Iain

Post by Iain »

You're right that they're still announcing things for summer, but it still seems pretty late.

If we're talking about october, they're going to need to be going some in terms of aircraft and routes to get the airport up to the 8.5m+ pax numbers that have been mentioned previously!
hads

Post by hads »

Just about every professional organization in the world gets forecasting wrong.
Bank of England. The IMF. The Treasury. On and on .
I wouldn't hold the chaps feet to the flames on his forecast.
Its great for helping unsettled shareholders. It helps keep doubters at bay. But doesn't mean its accurate.
Anyone in here ever done an annual Sales Budget will know what I mean.