CAA TRAFFIC STATISTICS - NOV 2023

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

bill

Re: CAA TRAFFIC STATISTICS - NOV 2023

Post by bill »

Iain wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:51 am

This is definitely true, but there seems to be arguments they're short of aircraft or crews? If they're not going to expand then GLA need to get other airlines in that will provide what's needed. The idea that if GLA deal in any competitors, then EK will leave is disproved by most airports in Europe that EK serve!

Looking at the domestics, GLA-BHX is down to 8.3k from over 15k in Nov 22 (whilst a certain other airport has gone up by 13k in the same period). This is surely down to EZY's poor schedule on a biz heavy route. We really need them to operate a decent schedule year round, allowing biz day returns.

I did hear a vague rumour that LM might look at this route, but if they started it EZY would likely just up frequency to force them off then go back to the poor schedule afterwards.
You should see EZY's GLA-STN offering some days. Absolutely shocking on what must be their most biz heavy route. Need FR back on this to get fares down and frequency back up. :D
buddyboy

Re: CAA TRAFFIC STATISTICS - NOV 2023

Post by buddyboy »

Iain wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:51 am
buddyboy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:26 am
I agree. I just feel it's a bit chicken and egg. Higher loads = second flight. Second flight improves loads through connection opportunities. Just need EK to take the plunge.
This is definitely true, but there seems to be arguments they're short of aircraft or crews? If they're not going to expand then GLA need to get other airlines in that will provide what's needed. The idea that if GLA deal in any competitors, then EK will leave is disproved by most airports in Europe that EK serve!

Looking at the domestics, GLA-BHX is down to 8.3k from over 15k in Nov 22 (whilst a certain other airport has gone up by 13k in the same period). This is surely down to EZY's poor schedule on a biz heavy route. We really need them to operate a decent schedule year round, allowing biz day returns.

I did hear a vague rumour that LM might look at this route, but if they started it EZY would likely just up frequency to force them off then go back to the poor schedule afterwards.
Re EK and their seeming unwillingness to expand I wonder if Etihad could be tempted or we could finally get Turkish in the door?