LM drop GLA-SOU

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

southflyer

Re: LM drop GLA-SOU

Post by southflyer »

I think the playing field would be very different if GLA's management were as aggresive as EDI's. The same goes for your Ryanair point, we did get a Ryanair base and AGS failed to entertain them, so they left. Nothing will change until the airport is under proper management.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

southflyer wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm I think the playing field would be very different if GLA's management were as aggresive as EDI's. The same goes for your Ryanair point, we did get a Ryanair base and AGS failed to entertain them, so they left. Nothing will change until the airport is under proper management.
Hear hear. I’ve said this for years too.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm I think the playing field would be very different if GLA's management were as aggresive as EDI's. The same goes for your Ryanair point, we did get a Ryanair base and AGS failed to entertain them, so they left. Nothing will change until the airport is under proper management.
Does this mean you are dismissing all of the points above?
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
G-WATP

Post by G-WATP »

In what way did AGS fail to entertain them?
McG

Post by McG »

Re the point about EDI bringing Glasgow into EDI’s catchment area - I see this all the time on Google Flights when I’m looking for trips. Automatically defaults to Edinburgh based on IP address and I stay on the 23 approach just outside the city boundary.
Gardner

Post by Gardner »

Alliances are another factor of course. GLA must aim for a decent number of airlines within the alliance groups.