Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

viscount

Re: Edinburgh

Post by viscount »

EDI is a disaster at present check in is over crowded. Bags late in arrival halls, planes waiting for gates. But wait for it they are about to spend 77 mil. on the terminal.
With a larger security hall starting in the Autumn, new gates and airbridges out on the east pier and rumours of a new US pre clearance area due to start in the Autumn. They have already built a new drop off and pickup zone plus a new taxi area.
It is most likely the worst airport in Scotland to travel from at present but wait until the summer of 2024 thing will have changed
I predict by December they will be over 15 million per year with new destination planed for next year it could hit 16 ml.

I my self also had a very bad experience flying out of EDI in June, what I do know is the money they are about to spend will make a big difference next summer,
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Some interesting very negative comments . . .

https://www.airlinequality.com/airport- ... h-airport/
Iain

Post by Iain »

As long as there are lots of cheap, direct flights from EDI that aren't available from any other airports in Scotland, then I think people will continue flying from there and just put up with the hassle, delays etc.

Some airlines might get a bit fed up, but whether that's enough to really cause any shift westwards is questionable imo.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Iain wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:51 am As long as there are lots of cheap, direct flights from EDI that aren't available from any other airports in Scotland, then I think people will continue flying from there and just put up with the hassle, delays etc.

Some airlines might get a bit fed up, but whether that's enough to really cause any shift westwards is questionable imo.
Definitely usable as one of an array of selling points for GLA bosses though.

If only there was a direct transport link to Edinburgh from GLA. That’s the easiest and most fundamental solution for GLA to start claiming back market share and selling GLA as a viable alternative.

If anyone at GLA is reading this please drive this point home to whoever is responsible for this and don’t let up until it is done.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
viscount

Post by viscount »

United Canx one of their flights from EWR today apparently turn round in mid flight. Yesterday they had a 764 on the 161/162
Can’t confirm but I think the earlier flight was Canx.
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

Ryanair dropping EDI-Verona.

I believe GLA-Vernon is served by TUI.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

viscount wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:16 pm United Canx one of their flights from EWR today apparently turn round in mid flight. Yesterday they had a 764 on the 161/162
Can’t confirm but I think the earlier flight was Canx.
This type of info we are not really interested in but a different forum might be.

A good way to look at it would be if a flight to MAN or NCL was cancelled or whatever would it be newsworthy here. It wouldn’t and the same goes for any other airport other than GLA.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

FlyGLA wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:27 pm Ryanair dropping EDI-Verona.

I believe GLA-Vernon is served by TUI.
GIA-VRN ( Verona, not Vernon),has been served for many decades by Britannia,Thomson then TUI. The winter ski flight operated from EDI last winter has been moved to GLA giving an almost year round service: May-late Sep followed by late DEC end of March.
viscount

Post by viscount »

Hi Clive I disagree. With your point
It an Edinburgh thread so surely anything Edinburgh is news worthy.
But as it is your forum I will respect your views.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

viscount wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:15 pm Hi Clive I disagree. With your point
It an Edinburgh thread so surely anything Edinburgh is news worthy.
But as it is your forum I will respect your views.
Thank you.