Bye, bye Wizz

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Bye, bye Wizz

Post by atuk »

At least for domestic operations in Norway it is.

Another airline with too many aircraft, too many seats, not enough routes to operate them on and international travel restrictions choking what they can do.

Everything points to, despite current share price, magenta being transformed to scarlet red at least on the balance sheet that is.

When oh when will these start up upstarts learn what makes aviation tick?
Allen McL

Re: Bye, bye Wizz

Post by Allen McL »

They're hardly an upstart, been going for years. And in no different a predicament than most airlines currently I dare say Covid-19 has taken everyone by surprise.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:14 am They're hardly an upstart, been going for years. And in no different a predicament than most airlines currently I dare say Covid-19 has taken everyone by surprise.
Perhaps we should be more concerned about the dinosaur airlines and whether they know what makes aviation tick in the modern world.

Clue: it doesn’t mean being an inefficient monster of a business still operating like it’s the 1950’s.

IMHO
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Clive wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:33 am
Allen McL wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:14 am They're hardly an upstart, been going for years. And in no different a predicament than most airlines currently I dare say Covid-19 has taken everyone by surprise.
Perhaps we should be more concerned about the dinosaur airlines and whether they know what makes aviation tick in the modern world.

Clue: it doesn’t mean being an inefficient monster of a business still operating like it’s the 1950’s.

IMHO
Indeed, but that's a long ongoing issue, only further exposed by current woes.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Wizz has expanded similar to DY except the longhaul ... far to many aircraft , to many seats to fill , to many bases ... even without covid , seems suicidal
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Ekally1 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:06 am Wizz has expanded similar to DY except the longhaul ... far to many aircraft , to many seats to fill , to many bases ... even without covid , seems suicidal
Wish they were basing at GLA instead of their proposed 4 unit EDI base.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Clive wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:21 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:06 am Wizz has expanded similar to DY except the longhaul ... far to many aircraft , to many seats to fill , to many bases ... even without covid , seems suicidal
Yes, remember not so long ago . . . . 6 or 7 destinations from GLA
atuk

Post by atuk »

Bearsden wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:15 pm
Yes and now you have Cardiff, Doncaster, Gatwick, Liverpool, Edinburgh ( which I don’t see being a success given Ryanair are already in situ). Mind you there is always Abu Dhabi, Debrican, Turgu Mueres, Cluj, Sofia.......

Would you honestly want them at Glasgow trying to destroy Jet2’s citadel?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:34 pm
Bearsden wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:15 pm

Yes and now you have Cardiff, Doncaster, Gatwick, Liverpool, Edinburgh ( which I don’t see being a success given Ryanair are already in situ). Mind you there is always Abu Dhabi, Debrican, Turgu Mueres, Cluj, Sofia.......

Would you honestly want them at Glasgow trying to destroy Jet2’s citadel?
Yes I would want them based here. And Ryanair and a bigger easyJet base. There’s no prolific budget airline I wouldn’t want here.

Paris

Post by Paris »

atuk wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:14 pm At least for domestic operations in Norway it is.

Another airline with too many aircraft, too many seats, not enough routes to operate them on and international travel restrictions choking what they can do.

Everything points to, despite current share price, magenta being transformed to scarlet red at least on the balance sheet that is.

When oh when will these start up upstarts learn what makes aviation tick?
Smashing airline to fly with. Modern very comfortable aircraft, great prices and fine inflight service. I have flown with them across Europe and what a loss that GLA didn’t have the foresight or business skills to keep them onboard.