Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

Re: Edinburgh

Post by awwdabaaby »

egpffqtv wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:48 pm
buddyboy wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:12 pm
egpffqtv wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:47 pm

Or bin GLA and move it all to EDI. And before anyone says anything, I’m aware they have a lounge. Won’t stop them moving though I bet.
Why would you bin a service that has been consistently productive and successful, was double daily pre pandemic and has a dedicated lounge to go to an airport where you will compete head to head with QR and TK whilst probably annoying a considerable amount of your frequent flyers?
Not what I’d choose but AGS seem to find it difficult for carriers not to move their business 45 miles across the M8.
Sorry but this has been bugging me, do you ever have anything positive to say! Ever single time you post its to put someone down, AGS could be doing more but they certainly don't need a little Hitler pointing out every single negative thing.

Sorry if I broke forum rules but it needed said
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

awwdabaaby wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:25 pm
egpffqtv wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:48 pm
buddyboy wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:12 pm

Why would you bin a service that has been consistently productive and successful, was double daily pre pandemic and has a dedicated lounge to go to an airport where you will compete head to head with QR and TK whilst probably annoying a considerable amount of your frequent flyers?
Not what I’d choose but AGS seem to find it difficult for carriers not to move their business 45 miles across the M8.
Sorry but this has been bugging me, do you ever have anything positive to say! Ever single time you post its to put someone down, AGS could be doing more but they certainly don't need a little Hitler pointing out every single negative thing.

Sorry if I broke forum rules but it needed said
Oh dry your eyes - my gripe is with AGS and AGS alone.

I’ll say something positive when there’s something positive to say.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

egpffqtv wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:52 pm Oh dry your eyes - my gripe is with AGS and AGS alone.

I’ll say something positive when there’s something positive to say.
Well said.
Ken1

Post by Ken1 »

As I pointed out in various post over past 9 months. EK have slowly but surely killed off their GLA service, through stupidity of not going back to double daily. I live in Edinburgh and various mates who work in Asian Fianance markets, would in the past regularly drive to GLA to use EK for Business or First Class flights, they have all stopped that now as single daily flights don’t offer economic connections. They are now however using Qatar and TK or Lufthansa as a preference over BA. Once theses carriers go double daily they will secure 90+% of Business/First Class customers…it’s all about saving them time and the resultant ten of thousand £ for their companies, that’s the simple economics.
Sadly for GLA ( and I’m a west coaster) these passengers won’t be coming back now to GLA and EK has cracked the golden egg that they sat on for so long. Excuse the pun, but given the scrambled egg and poorer returns that EK will be left with at GLA, there will no doubt be pressure on them to move to EDI. This maybe substantiates the comments of the head of the Qatar air ground handling crew, who I spoke to two weeks ago, who stated that she believed EK would be back at EDI early 23.
Time will tell.
hads

Post by hads »

Flip side.
My bestie works in Oman and uses EK every 6 weeks. His employer pays for Business class flights there and back. Its always rammed. Dont know about First. The Glasgow flight will be economically a cash cow.
If they ever move to East coast it wont be because it doesnt genertae profit.
Ken1

Post by Ken1 »

Yes on flip side, not surprising and I agree one EK is at present a cash cow. As they have reduced their seats at GLA from 360+580 to just 360 a day, with the economy seats costing twice as much as they did in 2019.

The problem is when EK try to go back to twice daily, Qatar and possibly TK will be double daily then. Their lucrative second load of Business and First Class passengers from EDI will all use these as a preference and it is likely given the numerous seats on offer, that economy class prices go back towards 2019 levels. So ultimately the long term monopoly that EK had with twice daily flights, which were extremely lucrative, will be lost.

As it stands keeping GLA once daily will be lucrative, going to twice daily could loose EK money. Plus they will be procrastinating over whether to disrupt the competition at EDI by putting a daily service in there. Ultimately, I would say it’s been bad short term management/profit gain by EK, going hand in hand with GLA airport management, who should have seen this coming!
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

It’s not GLA management’s decision whether EK go double daily or not. Obviously if it was within their gift it would be at least double daily already.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

New 4 x weekly route to Bournemouth with Ryanair in S23
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Clive wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:13 am It’s not GLA management’s decision whether EK go double daily or not. Obviously if it was within their gift it would be at least double daily already.
Not their decision but should definitely have a hand in it.

You bet your bottom dollar EDI are continuously courting EK, as GLA should be.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

egpffqtv wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:17 am
Clive wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:13 am It’s not GLA management’s decision whether EK go double daily or not. Obviously if it was within their gift it would be at least double daily already.
Not their decision but should definitely have a hand in it.

You bet your bottom dollar EDI are continuously courting EK, as GLA should be.
You can get your bottom dollar GLA are continuously courting EK.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.