Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

Ekally1

Re: Edinburgh

Post by Ekally1 »

jetblue497 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:05 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:05 pm Think its safe to say gla going to be popular with EDI folk when they find out its a max
And the GLA folks will be flocking to the WS and FI (and possibly FR and TUI) ones???? At least FI are looking at A321s - BA have a few to look at!!!

Was talking about the Air canada choice
atuk

Post by atuk »

Funny thing is I remember the Norwegian Max being used on BDL, SWF and PVD as well as working across to OSL and ARN between the inbound and outbound transatlantic sectors. Apart from the rare technical issue they worked well, obviously load factors played their part in the withdrawal of the service but on the whole the operation ran to time and was not a problem.

I liked doing a wee D8/DI flight although the pax mix for the Stateside Routes was interesting.

Given the fact that AA, UA, WN all used the MAX in fairly large numbers along with the start of TUI in Belgium, Germany, Scandinavia and then the U.K. it was becoming a popular choice then those two fatal crashes......

It’s a bit like COVID in that the public need to regain their confidence to go about their daily routines. Ryanair, of course now has two mantras MAX COVID to blame all their ills on.
ROC10

Post by ROC10 »

TUI were planning to go fully MAX from S19 for both EDI and GLA. Obviously that didn’t happen, but it may be the case from S21 or whenever they’re back in service.
atuk

Post by atuk »

ROC10 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:44 pm TUI were planning to go fully MAX from S19 for both EDI and GLA. Obviously that didn’t happen, but it may be the case from S21 or whenever they’re back in service.
I was working at MAN last weekend and saw 3TUI Max stored on an apron close to T3.
ROC10

Post by ROC10 »

atuk wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:58 pm
ROC10 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:44 pm TUI were planning to go fully MAX from S19 for both EDI and GLA. Obviously that didn’t happen, but it may be the case from S21 or whenever they’re back in service.
I was working at MAN last weekend and saw 3TUI Max stored on an apron close to T3.
I believe they have 5 stored at MAN and 1 at TFS, as well as others awaiting delivery at Boeing.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

ROC10 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:19 pm
atuk wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:58 pm
I believe they have 5 stored at MAN and 1 at TFS, as well as others awaiting delivery at Boeing.
Boeing hoping for October approval apparently.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Today EDI announced they are laying off about a third of their employees with around 250 redundancies.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:21 pm Today EDI announced they are laying off about a third of their employees with around 250 redundancies.
So Sad I’ll see many friends and ex workmates go... all of us at GLA and EDI just waiting to hear what our own futures hold. :(
big ears

Post by big ears »

Scarey times indeed for the aviation world. If I knew the answer I'd be a politician. Its like one step forward and two steps back. Some people who have gone abroad, say "its fine" and have dipped their toes into the water but I'm not sure I'm ready to fly as yet. I could just as easy sun myself in Tenerife as lie in my own back yard, and take the same precautions re covid, but its the flying part that worries me. When you see the 27 new cases resulting from non compliance in a pub in aberdeen, then you can see how worrying it is. Even though all 27 may be young or middle aged and may well not actually be very ill, never the less, we still live in dangerous times. My wife and I wont really feel safe until their is a vaccine. We are nbow on our old age pensions, but I have a son and daughter both working (still) and a grandson and daughter almost at the school leaving age. I cant help but worry what the future will hold for them.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

big ears wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:02 pm Scarey times indeed for the aviation world. If I knew the answer I'd be a politician. Its like one step forward and two steps back. Some people who have gone abroad, say "its fine" and have dipped their toes into the water but I'm not sure I'm ready to fly as yet. I could just as easy sun myself in Tenerife as lie in my own back yard, and take the same precautions re covid, but its the flying part that worries me. When you see the 27 new cases resulting from non compliance in a pub in aberdeen, then you can see how worrying it is. Even though all 27 may be young or middle aged and may well not actually be very ill, never the less, we still live in dangerous times. My wife and I wont really feel safe until their is a vaccine. We are nbow on our old age pensions, but I have a son and daughter both working (still) and a grandson and daughter almost at the school leaving age. I cant help but worry what the future will hold for them.
Brexit Britain beckons.

Or perhaps an independent Scotland.