RYANAIR

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: RYANAIR

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:46 pm 19 aircraft and 17 routes being removed from DUB fir winter 2023/2024 in row over charges and charging structure. I wonder if any aircraft will be reassigned to GLA?
Nah, to existing bases in Spain and at LTN apparently.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Things seem to be moving again in Ryanair ops, new base announced for Dubrovnik with two Maxes. Also Norwich joining the club with services from ALC & FAO.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

PiperOne wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:57 pm Things seem to be moving again in Ryanair ops, new base announced for Dubrovnik with two Maxes. Also Norwich joining the club with services from ALC & FAO.
Big re-jig of aircraft across the network.

47 aircraft are expected to join the fleet by the end of June next year (this number is widely expected to fall further)

Ryanair is withdrawing a quarter of its Germany-based fleet (https://simpleflying.com/ryanair-ceo-ge ... -era-over/)

MAX aircraft are being moved around the network as these are usually used as pawns in negotiations with airports. As it stands now EDI is the biggest loser, with current timetables showing that all 5 based MAX aircraft are removed and swapped with NG's.

A plethora of new routes across England, Wales, and Northern Ireland and nothing from Scotland certainly seems to suggest that there is a separate announcement coming (I have heard good things from multiple sources ;)

The biggest challenge faced with opening new UK bases is Brexit, as now RK is required to have a based aircraft, there are ways around this by getting Ryanair UK to lease a Ryanair EI reg aircraft, it happened on domestic flights from STN last winter/
Humberside

Post by Humberside »

Ryanair UK only needs to be involved for domestic or non-EU flying. A base consisting of flights to EU destinations only can be done on the Irish AOC (or indeed Buzz or Malta Air if FR wanted). PIK is an example