TUI….and Ryanair

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

TUI….and Ryanair

Post by atuk »

It’s not been reported here but TUI have signed an agreement with Ryanair for flights tied to TUI accommodation. When you compare the two on inflight service offerings there isn’t much to choose between the two on European services: 15kg bag allowance and buy on board snacks and drinks. So why pay TUI higher prices for a lower quality service?

I’ve just read today thatTUI now plan to offer a standard 20kg bag allowance across the board but Jet2 still win with 22kg as well as a choice of hot meals to book in advance or buy on board. Maybe they’re now beginning to see the light but my own take is different.

With the recent decision to move the share listing from the London Stock Exchange and have a sole listing on the Frankfurt Dax this can pave the way for a disposal of the whole UK and Eire division, ditch the proposed FlyFour operation and use FR flying for all regional airports such as NWI, LBA, EXT, DUB and BFS.
atuk

Re: TUI….and Ryanair

Post by atuk »

Well I went to pay the final balance on our holiday in June today.

We had already paid extra for two 20kg bags but as TUI have announced a new 20kg bag allowance on all holidays queried the situation as would it mean the £36 paid was refunded or offset against the outstanding balance due.

Neither! As we booked in June 23 the new bag rules only apply to bookings after Dec 23 despite the fact we are not flying until Jun 24. Sharp practice or just coining it in?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:54 pm Well I went to pay the final balance on our holiday in June today.

We had already paid extra for two 20kg bags but as TUI have announced a new 20kg bag allowance on all holidays queried the situation as would it mean the £36 paid was refunded or offset against the outstanding balance due.

Neither! As we booked in June 23 the new bag rules only apply to bookings after Dec 23 despite the fact we are not flying until Jun 24. Sharp practice or just coining it in?
You expected a retrospective refund? Imagine if any business did that when they introduced a new offer or incentive.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:23 pm [quote=atuk post_id=11485 time=<a href="tel:1709326473">1709326473</a> user_id=75]

You expected a retrospective refund? Imagine if any business did that when they introduced a new offer or incentive.
[/quote]

Given I’ve booked countless holidays since 1981 what price on customer loyalty?
atuk

Post by atuk »

atuk wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:17 am [quote=Clive post_id=11487 time=<a href="tel:1709335392">1709335392</a> user_id=2]
[quote=atuk post_id=11485 time=<a href="tel:<a href="tel:1709326473">1709326473</a>">1709326473</a> user_id=75]

[/quote]

Given I’ve booked countless holidays since 1981 what price on customer loyalty?
[/quote]

Refund received today.