America’s Big Three Brickbats

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

America’s Big Three Brickbats

Post by atuk »

All three USA major carriers are receiving criticism right now.

American for its minimum cabin service where crews rope off galley areas to ensure no intrusion. Added to that is the negative feedback given from passengers from the booking process to boarding gates and onboard service. Something Special In The Air has now become Something Lacklustre At Best.

Delta for restrictions on lounge access and reductions on premium tier status and mileage accruals. The Friendly South has become one large cash cow where customers are milked to the max.

United for cancellations, Premium only counts attitude and some shocking passenger behaviour onboard. the Friendly Skies have long gone being replaced by Pot Luck.

I haven’t flown the Atlantic for quite a few years - seven to be exact - and given all the current feedback have no desire to do so soon.
GeorgeNTravels

Re: America’s Big Three Brickbats

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

atuk wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:36 pm All three USA major carriers are receiving criticism right now.

American for its minimum cabin service where crews rope off galley areas to ensure no intrusion. Added to that is the negative feedback given from passengers from the booking process to boarding gates and onboard service. Something Special In The Air has now become Something Lacklustre At Best.

Delta for restrictions on lounge access and reductions on premium tier status and mileage accruals. The Friendly South has become one large cash cow where customers are milked to the max.

United for cancellations, Premium only counts attitude and some shocking passenger behaviour onboard. the Friendly Skies have long gone being replaced by Pot Luck.

I haven’t flown the Atlantic for quite a few years - seven to be exact - and given all the current feedback have no desire to do so soon.
I have only flown in the US domestically since covid with United out of the big three and if I am honest it was nothing to write home about.

The 757's are really showing their age and the onboard service was minimal in economy, the MAX 9 product was a lot better, but the lack of any sort of service onboard really is an issue.

Southwest are in my opinion really showing how onboard service can be done, and even on my Frontier flight from Denver at 0030 there was a much better level of service from the crew.

I cannot however, fault the United app, which is frankly excellent.

With the current market conditions I think it is a case of people will just travel regardless of the service seeing as supply is well below demand.

One to watch though it the next few years at Frontier, JetBlue and Spirit given the takeover mess in the last 18 months.