Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Edinburgh

Post by Clive »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:54 am WS YYZ -EDI now removed from sale .. been dropped

https://calgaryherald.com/business/west ... or-airline
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Looks like QR will be double daily from spring 23 with EK pushed back to the autumn.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Interesting quote by WestJet's CEO:
The direct trip between Calgary and Edinburgh will serve largely as a connecting flight. Von Hoensbroech estimated about half of the passengers will be destined for Edinburgh, with the rest catching a transfer.
Not really sure what the logic is behind this. There's already a large O&D market between Calgary and Scotland, particularly the west, that's only apparently accounting for half of the demand. Seems bizarre.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

southflyer wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:17 pm Interesting quote by WestJet's CEO:
The direct trip between Calgary and Edinburgh will serve largely as a connecting flight. Von Hoensbroech estimated about half of the passengers will be destined for Edinburgh, with the rest catching a transfer.
Not really sure what the logic is behind this. There's already a large O&D market between Calgary and Scotland, particularly the west, that's only apparently accounting for half of the demand. Seems bizarre.
Don’t worry, AGS GLA will surely be out there trying to secure their own YYC route :roll: :roll:
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

atuk wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:03 am Looks like QR will be double daily from spring 23 with EK pushed back to the autumn.
So EK have a choice. Either be at a competitive disadvantage from Scotland where they have less capacity than QR for 6 months or double up the GLA flights.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

buddyboy wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:31 pm
atuk wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:03 am Looks like QR will be double daily from spring 23 with EK pushed back to the autumn.
So EK have a choice. Either be at a competitive disadvantage from Scotland where they have less capacity than QR for 6 months or double up the GLA flights.
Or bin GLA and move it all to EDI. And before anyone says anything, I’m aware they have a lounge. Won’t stop them moving though I bet.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

egpffqtv wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:47 pm
Or bin GLA and move it all to EDI. And before anyone says anything, I’m aware they have a lounge. Won’t stop them moving though I bet.

See, telt you you don’t think there’s a market worth serving from GLA. 🥱
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Clive wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:09 pm

See, telt you you don’t think there’s a market worth serving from GLA. 🥱
The market that AGS appear to be very willingly let disappear 45 miles east.
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Why would you bin a service that has been consistently productive and successful, was double daily pre pandemic and has a dedicated lounge to go to an airport where you will compete head to head with QR and TK whilst probably annoying a considerable amount of your frequent flyers?
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

buddyboy wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:12 pm

Why would you bin a service that has been consistently productive and successful, was double daily pre pandemic and has a dedicated lounge to go to an airport where you will compete head to head with QR and TK whilst probably annoying a considerable amount of your frequent flyers?
Not what I’d choose but AGS seem to find it difficult for carriers not to move their business 45 miles across the M8.