Emirates

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Emirates

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:22 pm
GKirk wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:00 pm Wonder why the DXB-DUB EK 777 diverted into PIK rather than GLA. It's not as if GLA is rammed?
Certainly didn't hang around at DUB - a lot of holding at that time (very similar to a few weeks ago when drone activity caused diversion to Edinburgh after minimal holding)

Probably planned minimum fuel alternate
It’s still sitting at PIK now. Crew ran out of hours?
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

A380 ops to BHX to resume in July 2023.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

southflyer wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:30 pm A380 ops to BHX to resume in July 2023.
Only on the lunchtime flight - evening remains 77W
Ken1

Post by Ken1 »

Qatar just confirmed 10 weekly at Edinburgh from February, before going twice daily, assumed by autumn. If Emirates don’t get their finger out at Glasgow and increase capacity at an early stage, there won’t be a market left for this at Glasgow. Let’s hope they do it soon.
Flight111

Post by Flight111 »

Ken1 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:36 pm Qatar just confirmed 10 weekly at Edinburgh from February, before going twice daily, assumed by autumn. If Emirates don’t get their finger out at Glasgow and increase capacity at an early stage, there won’t be a market left for this at Glasgow. Let’s hope they do it soon.
QR increase from February is to cover the remaining part of W22 schedules. This runs to 25th March. Many expect them to go double daily each day from April or the start of S23 season. Glasgow would have hoped that todays EK announcement would also have included confirmation that GLA will return to double daily in some form. Their appears to growing speculation that EK will return to EDI and GLA will continue with a daily 773.
viscount

Post by viscount »

I noticed that the Qatar government are now advertising Qatar as a holiday destination on tv.
Looking like they’re going all out to push Doha since the World Cup.
Also QR have good pay loads for transit passengers.
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Cannot help but feel Emirates have totally dropped the ball on this one. They have managed to go from completely dominant in the Scottish market with double daily flights including an A380 to 1 daily flight. Their competition is ramping up and there seems to be no response.

The suggestion of a daily service from both airports is also probably a less than optimum solution for them. It also shows they are playing to QR's tune. Very much has a smell of complacency about it.
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Interestingly/worryingly neither the EK app or website are allowing me to book for next summer at the moment....

Will allow me to select flights then has an error......

EDI also has an EK flag next to it when you search for it unlike the other UK airports they don't fly to. However it won't show any flight.

Things are getting more and more concerning. Hopefully schedule tinkering and nothing more.
Flight111

Post by Flight111 »

buddyboy wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:36 pm Interestingly/worryingly neither the EK app or website are allowing me to book for next summer at the moment....

EDI also has an EK flag next to it when you search for it unlike the other UK airports they don't fly to. However it won't show any flight.

Things are getting more and more concerning. Hopefully schedule tinkering and nothing more.
This is an unsubstantiated rumour. EDI ground handlers claiming that EK is returning to EDI with plans for a lounge. This could be nothing of course or is their something more than a rumour?
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

buddyboy wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:36 pm Interestingly/worryingly neither the EK app or website are allowing me to book for next summer at the moment....

It’s done this since they suspended EDI in 2020, looks like they’ve decided just to keep the coding in place rather than delete and then add again.