First ever flight

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Re: First ever flight

Post by atuk »

Feb 81 for Mrs C and I. GLA-PMI-GLA on the late, great Britannia Airways. G-AVRN Captain James Cook, outbound; G-BAZI inbound, Sir Walter Raleigh.

If all comes out well it won’t be BY but BA for our 40th. HKG-KUL-SIN-BKK.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

First ever flight was a novair DC10-10 in 1989 .. LGW-BGR-MCO... rattled like a tin can
Captainfrank

Post by Captainfrank »

First ever flight, Trans World Airlines Boeing 727 from Philadelphia to Chicago O'Hare, July 1965.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

First flight Ce172 G-BAXY Glasgow-Perth-Glasgow in August 1974 piloted by a friend who flew with UGSAS and went on to become the RAF's Jaguar display pilot

Next four flights were all CSAG/SCAN charters - British Airways Viscount G-AMOG in March 1976, Air Anglia F27 G-BFDS in April 1978 and Loganair Short 330 G-BGNA Glasgow to Kirkwall and return in August 1979
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

1994 Air 2000 GLA-PMI, it was either this one or the one the following year that the departure time changed repeatedly from a PM departure to an AM departure (6 times i think) but official time was 1pm and i remember the steepness of the climb
Skytrance

Post by Skytrance »

Britannia Airways 757 GLA - ALC March 1993 i remember it was pouring down with rain. :)
baystate

Post by baystate »

Boston to Orlando, March 1983 (possibly 1984) as it was a school holiday and we combined a trip to Disney World and visiting my grandparents who stayed in Marco Island every winter. I am pretty sure it was on a Delta 727-200, which was their workhorse at the time. Oddly, I remember the hire car more vividly, a pale metallic green Ford Thunderbird.
Aerecosse

Post by Aerecosse »

ianegpf wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:52 pm First flight was in 1968 PIK-IOM as a 10 year old on a Dan Air HS748 returning again a week later on a Dan Air Viscount and picked up by an uncle as the rest of the family were travelling by car...a 2 door black "moggie" as I recall...reg UGD 90 :lol:

Aerecosse - whereabouts did you stay...I was in Keal Drive on the North bank of the canal between the 2 lock gates....before they built these flats and blocked my view of the threshold of 24 as it was then :( :D

IB
Apologies Ian for delayed reply....just noticed your comment even though I had read all of the replies.....stayed in Invercanny Dr 5 Apts towards the Linkwood Dr end.... almost in line with the 1st high rise.... which has now been taken down. Happy days... we used to just hear the engines and guess at who it was ... trident, 1-11's and the old Russian noise machines.... odd concorde and US galaxy & huge anatovs....loved everyday
Flown: BA, BD, BE, BY, DA, AMM, MT, XL, JN, EI, FR, LH, JK, BV, NW, HP, US, CO, AC, DL, QF, AN, NZ, TN, RAR, MH, CX, FM, SA, EK, EY
ianegpf

Post by ianegpf »

Np...happy days indeed :D :lol:

IB
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Glasgow - Alicante, Oct 1978 with BY. Think the aircraft name was Sir Walter Raleigh. I wasn't yet collecting regs at that time. Funnily enough I've never been back to ALC since. Need to sort that out when the world gets flying again