Jet2 GLA-FCO

Moderators: bill, Clive

GeorgeNTravels

Jet2 GLA-FCO

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Flew to Rome with Jet2 on the final flight in June before it’s suspension for the peak season.

The flight was departing at 0730, so I arrived at GLA at 0555 with just a backpack. Security was busy but well organised with staff out directing passengers to different queues.

Duty free was busy, as was the main departures area of the airport, some flights were already gone so it would have been busier before I arrived. The flight departed from Gate 26 with another Jet2 flight also departing from gate 25.

The queues for the flights were relatively well organised however a number of people tried to join the wrong one, the staff were happy to help them to the right place.

The aircraft was clean and as with all my Jet2 flights the cabin crew were really friendly. Despite being the last flight until September there were 156 passengers at onboard.

The captain announced a 15 minute delayed departure due to ATC restrictions on our route.

After takeoff a limited snack service was offered by the crew, primarily water, tea and chocolate bars. The rest of the flight was uneventful and passed quickly.

When we arrived in Rome there was no queue at passport control. At Italian airports UK travellers can use the automated passport gates, then approach and agent to receive a stamp.

Overall, another good experience through GLA and with Jet2. This was my 10th flight through GLA this year and continues the streak of good experiences.

To see the full review plus some pictures from the flight, read the full review on my website:

http://georgentravels.com/2022/07/04/je ... -jet2-com/